Star by Nguyen Hung Cuong from Vog2

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Wuggums47

Star by Nguyen Hung Cuong from Vog2

Post by Wuggums47 »

Hello, it's been a while since I posted last. I've been working on my first crease pattern, Nguyen Hung Cuong's star, and I've run in to a problem. The first problem was that I couldn't figure out how to trisect the angles near the edges of the paper. I tried it with estimation, but it looked sloppy when I almost completed it. Also any tips on the final collapse would be greatly appreciated, I almost had it in the end, but the paper turned to mush.

Thanks in advance.
Be who you are, do things because you want to do them, and stop caring what others think. Then you'll be happy.
Wuggums47

Re: Star by Nguyen Hung Cuong from Vog2

Post by Wuggums47 »

After a long time of work, I figured out the precreasing, it's all so simple now that I realize how to do it, but I don't know how your supposed to collapse it. I did get it to collapse, but only through much fidgeting. How are you supposed to get it to step 2, at no point did my star ever look like step 2. The star I got at the end does look right though, if you ignore the crumpling.
Be who you are, do things because you want to do them, and stop caring what others think. Then you'll be happy.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

hey mate,
the collapsing is the same as his butterfly.(until step 36)
EDIT: i just realized that it's not exactly same. There is a minor change in the center, but you should be able to get that easily if you have precreased everything :)
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

I made it:

Thanks Wuggums47 for making me notice this model.