As think, to try to collect my models in to book?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 6

NPV

Post by NPV »

For some years the set of models has accumulated. Also there was idea to structure them in form of book.

But often my models cause stupor at people.

In general, whether as think it is necessary to waste time on it.
gordigami

Re: As think, to try to collect my models in to book?

Post by gordigami »

Too many models, on your flickr page, to properly assess .
Try to show your own self-designed models only .

Many appear overly glued or watered down, look like paper mache, not origami.

On a scale of 1 thru 10, your neatness scale, attention to clean detail, is about a 4 or 5 .

Do you plan to include diagrams of your own designed models, or just photos ?

You have a bountiful amount of models. I would suggest that you work on your favorites to a higher level of professionalism, emphasis on uncluttered appearance. No paper mache ...
May I wish success to all who cope with the mountains & valleys of Life,
with all its peaks & depths, as well as Origami .
marckrsh

Post by marckrsh »

I have always found your models to be very impressive, and often well folded. Still, they look very time-consuming, and perhaps few people would invest the time to fold your works properly.Looking at your diagrams/crease patterns, I have found them to be fascinating. A book can be time-consuming to make, but as long as the emphasis is on showing off your finished pieces, it could work well. Good luck! - Marc
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

I would Bye the book (if you make it), what I would like to see in it would be some diagrams although all of your desings are way to complacated for me to fold I would still like to see them, and some Crease patterns, and some words about how you go about designing your models. that Is what I think makes a good book.
I hope this is understandable.
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
steingar

Post by steingar »

What is the purpose of the book? Are you happy with something you self-publish and sell to whoever is interested? Or are you looking to sell it to a publisher for wider distribution? Answering these questions will help you figure out what you really want. Do keep in mind that diagramming is far, far more time consuming and difficult than either creating or folding.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

He diagrammed one of his models before. 500 steps or something. A spiny crab. Incredible but difficult to the extreme.
NPV

Post by NPV »

The book overall objective to collect my schemes in one place for convenience. I draw diagrammes of models for people absolutely free of charge. As the model without the scheme is dead model. Besides, if it is interesting to someone, I very much hope for the help in testing of models, as with it the big problems. If is wishing to participate, write on npvru@mail.ru we will discuss
Imakuni

Post by Imakuni »

I don't think a book is really needed. If you do it, awesome, but due to the absurd complexity of your models, making diagrams way too big of an effort, compared to how much it would help people.

Maybe a best models only? Along with a bit of "how I did these models" or something like that..

BTW, I'm totally interested in that Dragonfly model. Do you have diagrams for it already (if so, are they published somewhere?)