Neal Elias's Centaur in Mythical Beings

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
REM79

Neal Elias's Centaur in Mythical Beings

Post by REM79 »

I am working on creating the Centaur from Jay Ansills Mythical Beings. The model is by Neal Elias. I am having trouble with step 6-10. Every time I attempt the petal fold there is not enough paper along the top edge.
REM79

Re: Neal Elias's Centaur in Mythical Beings

Post by REM79 »

I am havin the same problem. I am not sure if it is that the pocket fold on step number 3 is not accurately diagramed?
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

Not sure why you responded to yourself but to each their own. I doubt it is incorrectly diagrammed, but try refolding it and seeing if the same thing happens. I don't have the diagrams so if the same problems happen again, post a picture of the step(s) you are having trouble with!
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
REM79

Post by REM79 »

I did not realize the message posted, that is freaking funny!!!! Here is the diagram Link removed by Moderator.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

I'll start by saying that don't get frustrated if you can't follow that book's diagrams since it is filled with mistakes, the whole book is a shame for origami diagrammers.

In this case though, the fisrt steps are correctly diagrammed. Make sure you don't overlook anything since some steps are comprised of several "moves".

In step 3 make sure you do the mountain fold as illustrated, on the first horizontal crease from top to bottom. From then on, there should be enough paper to do the petal fold on step 7.

Step 9 which is illustrated in step 10 is the difficult one. Check the creases shown in 10 and then move the paper and accomodate layers so that it looks like 11. That part is just the tail of the centaur so if you can't make it exactly like the diagram, you could come up with something else that resembles a tail.
REM79

Post by REM79 »

Thank you very much. I will try the steps as you advised : )
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

You may have got a message from Anna, but I said to post a picture of the steps not the entire book... sharing illegal scans of books or diagrams is against the rules of the forum. Just to let you know!
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
REM79

Post by REM79 »

I think the book is out of print and in the public domain.