Problems with this molecule in ORIPA

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Rabbitman

Problems with this molecule in ORIPA

Post by Rabbitman »

Hi everyone, I'm currently trying to fold Karol Kafarski's red samurai and I thought it would be a good idea to draw out the pair of CP's he provides in ORIPA to help me fold the base of the model. I am however having a bit of trouble with ORIPA thinking that one of the molecules in the CP is not valid.

Here's the cp for the molecule from Oripa's check window, the two nodes in red are supposidly invalid. (Black is valley, red is mountain)

Here's the full cp https://www.flickr.com/photos/kafarski/ ... otostream/
You can see the molecules in the top middle.

I am pretty sure however that the nodes are valid, as I have test folded this molecule:

If anyone has any ideas as to what the problem is or how to fix it, please let me know! Thanks!
Kafar
Forum Sensei

Re: Problems with this molecule in ORIPA

Post by Kafar »

Hi, what help do you need? send me your email address by PM. I will try to help you fold it as good as I can, or even better ;)

Answer:
ShuaiJanaiDesu

Post by ShuaiJanaiDesu »

I'm guessing that the problem is the angles around those two points are incorrect.

Seeing how you folded it in those pictures, you used 22.5 degree creases so that the inside edge is parallel to the edge of the paper. So this is what the crease pattern should look like:

As long as the angles of the Green Dots are the same, Oripa should be able to fold it.

I used angle bisectors(22.5 deg), but the way Kafar shows (he used a 1 by 3 triangle) will also work. Just make sure you don't mix the two!
Rabbitman

Post by Rabbitman »

Thanks! I was putting the top node in the wrong place!