jun maekawa pyramid.

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
agedgent76plus

jun maekawa pyramid.

Post by agedgent76plus »

pyramid jun maekawa genuine origami ,I am returning to this model I left last year,I cannot get past step 27, any help would restore my faith in the forum. agedgent76plus
Edg

Re: jun maekawa pyramid.

Post by Edg »

For step 27, looks like you need to to fold one flap from left to right, whilst incorporating the reverse fold in the middle (the mountain fold in the centre should come to lie on the bottom edge, if that makes sense), and unfold. I guess it's pre-creasing for step 29. Hope this helps!
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

I am still stuck on step 27 of the pyramid by Jun Maekawa, and puzzled by the fold behind symbol,but I was pleased by a quick response from Edg, thank you, agedgent76plus.
Threefold

Post by Threefold »

Adding onto what Edg said, when you fold one flap over the other, the middle crease should come down to meet with the bottom of the waterbomb, making a zigzag shape. Here's a visual if it helps:

agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi Threefold great picture,thanks for takeing the trouble to help, but I still do not understand step 2 8"fold the flaps to the otherside" .In step 29 there is no edge to push in,so step 30 remains a mystery,I cannot see me finishing this model,but thanks again,,,agedgent76plus.
Folderfugate

Post by Folderfugate »

Hi Agengent76plus, I attempted to take some pictures for you to explain this step. step 27 is more of a pre-creasing step
And unfold
And then do the same steps on the other 4 sides
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi Folderfugate, great pictures I have that step now, but step 29 and 30,are a problem,any help would be good, thanks for taking so much trouble. agedgent76plus
Folderfugate

Post by Folderfugate »

Here you are reversing the middle crease
underneath
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

H i Folderfugate exactly what I wanted to see, I am so pleased , thank you very much for all your trouble,now perhaps I will get somewhere at last, thanks again, agedgent76plus.
Folderfugate

Post by Folderfugate »

Good luck! Happy to help!
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi Folderfugate ,I regret I simply cannot see how you fold,"here you are reversing the middle crease"and your picture is perfect ,I am so embarrassed to have failed again , agedgent76plus.
origamipete
Forum Sensei

Post by origamipete »

I hope this helps you:

I reverse-engineered the model from photos, so the corners probably aren't correct, but this should still help you with the step you are having problems with
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi origamipete, thanks for taking the time and trouble to help me,I am still struggling with this step but it might come to me in the end , I just want to finish this model and move on thanks again agedgent76plus.