Humans

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
polop

Humans

Post by polop »

Does any one here Know of any diagrams for well proportioned Humans.
Peferabley ones that I can change to make my own models (add details ect ) I'm bad at cps but hey would help aswell.
Thank you all
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Maybe you can find something useful in one of the following topics :-)
viewtopic.php?t=1140
viewtopic.php?t=505
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

Yes many, josel, kamiya, hojo ku these pattarns look (all like human) try make :)
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

A good very modifiable human base is Hojyo's, which is used for his Icarus.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/HeartLand-Oa ... tu.html#p1
polop

Post by polop »

does any one own the 11th tanteidan convention book? there is aparently a hojyo human base in there. Is this base good? And is the rest of the book good? Ive tryed the cp you guys have said and they are not that good for me. As I lack good ideas to turn them into people and I can only use printer paper as I am no good at drawing cp's on more usegull paper.
(hojyo's Icaras base also seems to lack hands.or lacking enough paper to make my own hands)
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

There should be more than enough paper in the Icarus base since Hoyjo quite successfully turned this base into this Icarus with an arm + hand with fingers on the one side and a wing on the other side. Since the base is totally symmetric it should also be possible to create two arms with hands or two wings.
The base in Tanteidan Convention Book 11 is for this model: Vajrapani

If you want to use different paper for folding CPs you will have to find reference points and fold the CP instead of drawing it. This should be easy for the Icarus base since it only has nice 22,5/45/90 degree angles.
Gerwin
polop

Post by polop »

The problem here is that my knowlage is limited to how to create hands of the style of Hojyo (from corner) I only know how to make hands from the edge of the paper (pleats)if any on can inform me of how to do this it would be great.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

I'll try to explain one way to create hands from the corner of a square.

Let's say you have a corner divided into eights like this:

What you have to do is fold the point inside the model, this is something like a complex open sink. This step can be quite fiddly. First precrease through all the layers sharply, then open the flap completely fold back the corner and collapse along existing creases.
You should get 4 distinct flaps counted from the top (and 5 flaps counted from the bottom).

Then you can reverse-fold each of the flaps in and out (similar to how you would do to create fingers from pleats) and you will get 5 distinct fingers.

With the original corner which you folded inside the model you can add details to the hand like f.e. a palm, or you could have the hand holding something, etc.

Alternatively you can also try to use Hideo Komatsu's Hand which also comes from the corner of the square.
Gerwin
polop

Post by polop »

Thank you very much i will try this way tommorow and show you the results for you to critique :D :D
polop

Post by polop »

Ive tryed both the tecniques and Komatsus hand isvery good and easy to construct.
letranthedung

Post by letranthedung »

great instructions
thank you, this small method is cool and has a various applications
polop

Post by polop »

I couldn´t get Daydreamer´s method to work properly. It´s probably just my lack of skill 8)
CMSeter

Post by CMSeter »

I'm also looking for a human model. I want one that I can make sitting down reading. I tried the one from origami omnibus but it doesn't look good at all. It doesn't have to be complex as long as it looks fairly realistic.

Here's what I have right now:
[img]http://web.telia.com/~u13602010/Reader.jpg[/img]

(I just noticed that the chair is humongous!)
Android raptor

Post by Android raptor »

I am very fond of Marteen Van Gelder's human figure. It was the one that went with the wheelchair. I use it to make my anime dolls.
CMSeter

Post by CMSeter »

Yep, I'm using that one now. It looks quite good actually, the only thing I don't like is the face.