New (intermediate) fish pattern?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
nibiru812

New (intermediate) fish pattern?

Post by nibiru812 »

I'm fairly new and am learning from youtube videos. I'm trying to recreate Blinky, a fish from the cartoon The Simpsons. I can't find a fish that's close to his body style and i'm not quite good enough to come up with my own. Any help would be appreciated.
origamipete
Forum Sensei

Re: New (intermediate) fish pattern?

Post by origamipete »

all right, are you looking for a crease pattern or step by step instructions?
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

It is the fish with the three eyes, right? Try looking for goldfish models. It would make a cool design!
Kundalini

Post by Kundalini »

For me is similar to a blowfish.
nibiru812

Post by nibiru812 »

origamipete wrote:all right, are you looking for a crease pattern or step by step instructions?
I've been learning best off of videos, but I'll take whatever I can get honestly.
idooi

Post by idooi »

I think you should practice solving crease patterns first. In order to create origami, you have to be very experienced.
The worst mistake you can do

is to be afraid to make a mistake
nibiru812

Post by nibiru812 »

idooi wrote:I think you should practice solving crease patterns first. In order to create origami, you have to be very experienced.
Yeah, I've come up with some fun designs experimenting but nothing quite what I'm after.
Nepafarius

Post by Nepafarius »

idooi wrote:I think you should practice solving crease patterns first. In order to create origami, you have to be very experienced.
That's not necessarily true. I create my own models, but I've never folded a crease pattern, find them a bit off-putting to be perfectly honest.

But you're right about the experience. I've been predominantly folding my own designs since 2009, and have 67 models in my catalogue. However out of those, I only have about 20 of them I would ever show the light of day.

Creating your own models takes time. If you don't like how it turned out at first, set it aside and keep making new models. You can come back when you skills improve and you discover your own style.