Sebastian Arellano FellBeast CP help

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Paper fionn

Sebastian Arellano FellBeast CP help

Post by Paper fionn »

Ok so ill admit i am a cp novice, but ive been trying this cp for a little while, it looks simple enough but im having a few problems.

cp- http://origami.artists.free.fr/sebastia ... tCPmax.jpg
finished model- http://origami.artists.free.fr/sebastia ... lbeast.htm

so i fold the grid and the obvious diagonals to create the different flaps but i keep running into difficulty with the triangles running down the spine. also it doesnt seem to fold flat, i have this enormous spike sticking out the non colour side of the model caused by the big cross roughly in the centre of the cp.

im not sure if im approaching it wrong, in that i need to fold all down the spine before the first few steps of the collapse. Or if theres a way to convert the normal shape you get at the diagonals of a box pleat into this sort of shape.

Right, i hope i explained that well enough, thanks in advance for any feedback
cheers, conor

p.s. any general cp feedback would also be lovely, but i am aware there are many cp help topics, so dont hate on me :)
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Re: Sebastian Arellano FellBeast CP help

Post by Swapnil Das »

Is there any chance you can take a picture? It'll help us a lot in helping you :-)
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
Kundalini

Post by Kundalini »

If i were you i would fold it without three details left upper corner, midle right and midle down. Also y fold first a modification of the model i mean you should fold squares, instead of folding the details on the diagonal.

If you do that i am sure you could colapse it.
Paper fionn

Post by Paper fionn »

ah thanks very much, i managed to collapse it fine after this, however my incompetence resulted in my inability to actually fold in the details. a bit more practice is in order i think.
thanks anyway!