Can anybody help with this wallet model?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
karg

Can anybody help with this wallet model?

Post by karg »

Hello and welcome your new member! :D

I am new here, so excuse me if I post this on the wrong section...

I have seen this wallet design by this guy and I loved it, but unfortunately he didn't include a tutorial to his video :( But he unfolds the whole model, so there is a chance that someone more experienced than me, can figure out the diagram or something from the creases or the unfolding process.

I appreciate any help!
Gerardo
Buddha

Re: Can anybody help with this wallet model?

Post by Gerardo »

That's a cool wallet!

Sorry. In my case it would be a lot of work and I'm not sure if I would suceed at the end. Plus, I'm not that comfortable of doing that without the creator's authorization, but that's just me :).
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom
karg

Post by karg »

The creator hasn't make a video or show that he is alive 2 years now.... :( I don't think he cares anymore. That's why I am seeking for a way to make it... and then I will post a tutorial crediting him and the contributors on this topic :)
sattej

Post by sattej »

I saw this same wallet and like you wanted to try to replicate this design... I used Firefox "Video Download Helper" add-in to download the video to my hard drive from the browser/Youtube. Then, using Windows Movie Maker, I tried painstakingly using the slider bar to "watch" the movie in reverse. It was miserable, frustrating, poor resolution, and obviously was never intended by the author to be used as an instruction so his hands and the camera are constantly in the wrong place.

That being said, I did succeed to fold a prototype but it was very hard to interpret a 'crease pattern' from any one frame on that video. My interpretation is that it is pretty much a 5x7 rectangle, except that 2 of the 7 lengthwise divisions are rectangles to make the wallet a little longer in the middle. Beyond that I can't help :( .. good luck, would sure be nice to know how to do more of these..
karg

Post by karg »

I figured out how to make it and I will soon make a video tutorial!I just want to ask where in this forum is it appropriate to post it? :)

P.S. Don't worry.My camera will be exactly above my hands :p
karg

Post by karg »

I think I will just post my tutorial here. So enjoy! :D