Brian Chan's Vash the Stampede AND Nicolas D. Wolfwood

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
violist

Brian Chan's Vash the Stampede AND Nicolas D. Wolfwood

Post by violist »

Hello,
I know a Wolfwood topic already exists, but since the probably most helpful photos there are somewhat broken and also I'd like to fold him and Vash together, I want to ask You for help. I can form the base with the first one, the latter causing some troubles in the upper part (that "hairs" triangle), but that's all I can get to. I'd really apprieciate for any kind of help. The patterns can be easily obtained from mr Chan's page, the little "strips" on the two sides of Vash being most probably 1/25.

P. S. that's odd. I did the scaled wyvern, Attack of the Kraken a few times and even some Sephiroths and other human figures, but having troubles with such uncomplicated models...
Baltorigamist

Re: Brian Chan's Vash the Stampede AND Nicolas D. Wolfwood

Post by Baltorigamist »

With Wolfwood, I believe one of the wider flaps (on the bottom left of the CP) forms the color-change on his shirt, and the rest along the bottom edge form the cross. It's hard to tell for sure without folding the model myself, but the center and upper-right corner look to be the legs.
As for Vash, it's a lot more difficult to tell the flap allocation, at least without folding the model myself.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
violist

Post by violist »

Actually, I know what is what... mostly... but I don't know how to shape that, especially the torso and head of Wolfwood.
violist

Post by violist »

OK, nailed them both somehow, Vash being the easier... yet still don't know how to give Wolfwood's head a better shape. Any suggestions how can I make a nice looking head with hair out of that upper-left boxpleat-flap?
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

That depends how you shaped it. Personally, I would just make a bunch of connected reverse folds and turn them into bird bases. That would give several middle and edge flaps which could be used for strands of hair.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr