Origami Red Panda

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
EM origami

Origami Red Panda

Post by EM origami »

I need help finding the Crease pattern or diagrams to an origami red panda! The only decent one I could find was this one here by Quentin Trollip http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanc ... 5780-3.jpg

If anyone can somehow show me where I can find A CP or diagram for this model, please feel free to shoot me a PM/DM! :mrgreen:
- EM origami
Baltorigamist

Re: Origami Red Panda

Post by Baltorigamist »

You could always try to contact Quentin directly. There's no guarantee he has diagrams--or even a CP for it, though.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

You can PM Quentin Trollip directly, as he's member of the forum.
Or contact him via his flickr.

<edit>Ooops, I was too slow...</edit>
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

the only other red panda that i know of is by kunihiko kasahara in one of his little known japanese books.

the red panda is problematic because its signature feature is its face, which has three colors, which is impossible to depict in origami without "cheating." thus, even with a sophisticated designer like trollip, you could call his model a racoon and really no one would argue.
Augustus Agamemnon

Post by Augustus Agamemnon »

The only red panda I know is the one by Quentin Trollip, but I didn't find any cps or instructions. Ask Quentin Trollip and he'll maybe give you a cp of it, but this is very unlikely.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I quote myself from the other Red Panda topic we have (searching the Forum helps):
Marc Kirschenbaum has a raccoon model that if folded from the right paper might also resemble a red panda: http://marckrsh.home.pipeline.com/html/animals.html
John Montroll has a fitting raccoon model too.