Shuki Kato - Wolf

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
abnyc

Shuki Kato - Wolf

Post by abnyc »

I'm a bit puzzled by the rabbit ear/pleat in step 74. Can anyone break it down for me? Or maybe take a process shot or two?

Should end up looking like:

Thanks!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Re: Shuki Kato - Wolf

Post by roodborst »

Just by looking at it I would rabbit ear the leg first then do an inside (or outside) reverse fold.
origami-artist-galen

Post by origami-artist-galen »

This part of the diagram I probably should have redrawn. What happened is I diagrammed that step exactly how I would fold it all at once instead of breaking it down more. Anyway, I took some photos to help out:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
abnyc

Post by abnyc »

Thanks, Shuki! Looking forward to taking another crack at it this weekend.
Forum_Lurker

Post by Forum_Lurker »

I don't suppose anyone can take photos of steps 81 & 82? I'm having trouble working out which flap I should unsink and how I put everything back together...
DragonSmith

Post by DragonSmith »

Good day,

I'm folding the wolf for the first time, and I'm not sure what to do in steps 23 and 25, which both read 'bring one layer in front (closed-sink).' I have three layers, the middle one has two little flaps. I can easily close-sink the outer layers, but then what does 'bring layer in front' mean?

Would appreciate your help! Here's a photo: https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/2589/ceD1aR.jpg (excuse the mess! it's a test fold)
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

"Bring a layer in front" generally means that there's an edge hidden behind one or more layers or flaps. From my experience, it's usually a valley beforehand; you're supposed to sink that flap/layer inside (or wrap the edge around). The valley will be converted to a mountain fold, and the nearest layer (currently) will be hidden behind the new edge.
My guess is that in this case, all you have to do is sink the nearest flap (the blunt triangle) inside the rest of the model. (I don't have the diagrams.) This will bring the layer under the flap to the front.

It's difficult to explain in words. I would show you if I had any scrap paper lying around.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
DragonSmith

Post by DragonSmith »

Thank you! I’ll try that.
Folderp

Post by Folderp »

Balto is correct. You have to closed sink the two blunt triangles that are above and below the two small flaps. Closed sinks can be a little tricky, but it shouldn't be too hard with points that obtuse. You basically just push them inside out.
My flickr
I finally got me some mc!
DragonSmith

Post by DragonSmith »

Thank you very much! Very helpful.
BorisG

Post by BorisG »

Hello!
I'm stuck at step 64, which says 'swivel behind'. If I understand correctly, I first push the little corner triangle inside, and then fold the lower half of the foot upwards, bringing it behind? If I do this, once I turn the model over at step 67, I can see an extra crease between the front legs and the body which isn't shown anywhere on the diagrams afterwards. I can make it look like the diagrams by simply folding the lower half of the leg behind in step 64, but then why are the white arrow and little dotted crease shown in step 64? Or I can first swivel the leg behind and then lock the small flaps between the other layers, but that seems not to be what the instructions call for at all.

Would really appreciate some help! Can post some photos if needed.
(I'm folding the standalone diagram of the wolf, not the more complex one that comes in 'Nature Study')