The beautiful Japanese robot (help needed)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Alexandre

The beautiful Japanese robot (help needed)

Post by Alexandre »

Hi,
I tried to fold the robot of http://newgeneration.mukade.jp/MSM-07/MSM-07.html

I am sure that I got the picture 1 right, but I am stuck at the second photo. :-k
I don't really understand the circled fold. And this little fold should be repeated on the 7 others edges?

If anybody can read the japanese, a little translation would be welcome [-o<
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

In picture bulletin board? CENT It is general/universal ÷? the first as for angular arrangement? The ñ angle of the paper by the hand under becomes the leg? A? The ^ is the inside the head? B development? } To? ? A? The ^ it is a which in the hydrangea was seen? the L a ‚ and others wonder? B was visible? As for angle of the B hand with the main point which shifts the snake •? ? It does from the origin? The having, a ? I a} The is difficult just a little a ‘? under the j hydrangea? The ^ it is in? ‡ way? ? B? The ¶ right? It does, in rear? a} ? B? The ? the ^ it is from in? It does and the bath nitrogen ? like one basic shape - it does? Opening of i mono eye? J body in step? ? A? The ¶ right? U‚? In v letter type in rear? The ? the ˜? the ׂ is done? The B hand and foot the obstinate nitrogen é? B other things it is quick the `? B finishing? ¬? B
First development?
Unevenness making a mistake in a ? A level? The ô increase it is? B
Arm? The origin? the it is with a} the ? B
Suitably? The ? i it is with a} the ? B
From rear? A seeing sort as for rear topic the multi a ‘? in the B arm? The line of S the ‚ to tear paying attention enormously easily with a ? B

this is what the entire page says from top to bottom(except the last sentence) using a translator from japanese to english i hope it helps
Brendan
Life is too short to be serious, laugh it up.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

The second picture shows you how to get the arms into the right position (the text under the picture just says something like "Fold the base of the arm").
You have to do this step once for each arm, in the picture the flaps you see are one arm on the left and one leg on the right. To do the step just push out some paper from below, and start by forming the mountain ridge you see.

After doing this step on both sides you should be able to flatten the model with a bit of sqnuashing and opening out the sunken area in the middle and should get something like in the third and fourth picture on this site. And then you are almost finished and just need to form the details :-)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Here's my first attempt at the model from 15cm x 15cm Kami:

This model has actually a very nice folding sequence without too much precreasing necessary. Basically it is a Waterbomb Base with a lot of sinks.
Gerwin
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

thanks you !
I got a robot very similar thanks to your help. But still very far from the picture of the white robot. I should maybe use a foil paper or something like that to make the details of the head etc...
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Here a link as inspiration to make the robot more original :-)
http://www.mahq.net/MECHA/GUNDAM/msgundam/msm-07.htm
Gerwin
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

Interesting, I did not know that it was from a japanese anime.
On http://tandy.web.infoseek.co.jp/gallery/c17.htm there are many images of it too.
I am surprised because there are quite no models of robots in the books; and on the japanese boards, many people fold robots from anime/movies. I only found modular robots in books like the modular of the Shumakov's but no cool robots from a square. There is a robot made by Yoshihisa Kimura but I do not know what does it look like.
If somebody know where to find this kind of robots i'm interested.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

There are diagrams for a really cool transformer available:
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/%7Ebu9t-sm/vf1.html

I still have to fold this model... :roll:
Gerwin
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Here's my second attempt, from 9cm x 9cm tissue foil:

Foil paper is definitely more suitable for this model than normal Kami :-)
Gerwin
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

wha I remember the tranceformer, I have seen it a few months ago and did not even tried it... it looks very complex with hand-drawn diagrams in japanese ...
But I will give it a try in 10 years :mrgreen:
WhiteShadows

Post by WhiteShadows »

lol i love that modle and can fold it by heart....yes i have no life.....anyway when you do decide to fold it use thin paper because the paper tends to rip
HankSimon
Buddha

I can't read Japanese - Google Translator

Post by HankSimon »

Re: I can't read Japanese ... or some other Language

Google has Free Web site translators. They are rough, but free.

After you copy the URL of interest:

1. Go to http://www.google.com
2. At the far left of the Text box, there are three links. The bottom one is "Language Tools" . Click on that one. <The>
3. On the new page that comes up, the second area is labelled "Translate."
4. The second sub-area under Translate is labelled "Translate a Web page."
5. Delete the "http:" in the text box, and paste in your URL.
6. Select the language translation pairs in the dropdown. and click on Translate.

Possible errors: Choosing the wrong translation direction, choosing the wrong language, the originall language idioms are beyond the capabilities of this translator.

Like most things Google, it is fairly intuitive and easier to play with, than it is to describe.

HTH,

- Hank Simon