mamuthus primegenius - HELP!

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Milith Dheerasekara

mamuthus primegenius - HELP!

Post by Milith Dheerasekara »

Hello everyone, i am attempting to fold the mamuthis primegenius - woolly mammoth- by satoshi kamiya. all went well until step 45. #-o

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

firstly, in the diagram there are TWO PATHS you can follow, which is easier, secondly, the folding in bit, its basically impossible. help?

thanks in advance, milith.
bethnor
Buddha

Re: mamuthus primegenius - HELP!

Post by bethnor »

welcome to the forum.

first, please read over how to use the forum. this includes using the search function.

second, perhaps you should pick one model and stick with it.

lastly, on the model, you are being asked to close-sink the point; either path will achieve this. if you have strong paper, the shorter path is easiest. it's easy to get disoriented if you follow the path which asks you to completely open the model, but on the whole, it's probably easier to get a "clean" fold using that method.
Milith Dheerasekara

oh ok thanks for the advice.

but what do you mean by ' i should pick one origami model and stick with it'?

also, what is this search function? (is it something other than the complete search bar and the section search bar?)

milith
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

imho, you will improve your technique if you work on solving a tough step and completing model, rather than trying several different models and stalling in each one. you have four different help threads going on currently. i suggest you pick one model and stick with it until you complete it. you will often find tricks that will help you with other models.
Milith Dheerasekara

ohhhh no those are old. lol. i already made them. i didn't know you were supposed to get rid of them after :)