John Montroll's camel head

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Joha

Post by Joha »

wolf wrote:Which of the three instructions is giving you problems? The ears, the neck or the crimp?
The ears and the neck pose no problem. It is the crimp that even though I have done it, it does not produce the result that the diagrams show on the last step
thedeadsmellbad
Forum Sensei

Post by thedeadsmellbad »

it may be that your paper is too thick or a previous step was not accurate enough to get the results you want.
I would suggest practicing this model several times and with different papers, that should make a great difference. I think there is also an unmentioned "smoosh" or reverse fold of the tip of the nose in the instructions.

I was confused with no image of the finished steps at first, but when the head does pop up again it is exactly as it would be after those steps. Maybe he did it to save space or ink?

edit: also take note that this is a well crafted crimp that does not go through the top layer and in all likelyhood rarely reaches the the bridge(top) of the snout.
Joha

Post by Joha »

I don't think there is an error in previous steps because as you can see in the diagrams, the head is just a point that has no previous creases.

Maybe it is that it needs that crimp and then quite a lot of shaping that I overlooked. Thanks for trying to help
thedeadsmellbad
Forum Sensei

Post by thedeadsmellbad »

Joha

Post by Joha »

Your camel looks very nice. The ehad has a lot of detail. I guess my problem is in not being able to shaping a lot after I've done the creases. Your picture encourages me to keep trying. Thanks a lot