Manifold folding game

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
steelyeye

Manifold folding game

Post by steelyeye »

Has anyone played this game? A series of puzzles in which you must fold all the black squares on one side and all the white on the other- a 16x16 grid that folds down to 4x4. There are 100 puzzles in all, that get progressively harder. Been stuck for ages on #96. Can anyone help?
Splunge

Re: Manifold folding game

Post by Splunge »

Thanks for the introduction of Manifold.
Just received my copy and started solving the first puzzles. Seems to be a lot of fun. Unfortunately, the printing has a little offset.

Regarding your problems with puzzle #96: are you aware that there were errors in puzzles #57 and #96 in the early prints?
You can find an erratum on their homepage: https://www.theincrediblecompany.com/manifold-1/
splunge.de - Origami, Papercraft, Scale models, Photography
Splunge

Post by Splunge »

Okay, I've just solved puzzle #96.

As a hint, here is the crease pattern:
OrigamiJedi

Post by OrigamiJedi »

Thanks for posting this. I am still trying to do the puzzle without looking at the fold lines! I am stuck on 96, 97, and 100. Have you made fold line maps for all 100, or just 96? Would love to see the others if you have them. I have folded all of them apart from 96, 97, and 100 but I know that I put way too many unnecessary folds in them. I would be nice to see the minimum amount of folds needed.
Splunge

Post by Splunge »

Sorry, I only made that one crease pattern for puzzle #96 long time ago as the original poster asked for help. And I even don't know if my solution is the "correct" one or if a better solution exists.