Looking for a Duck

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
wordgames.uk

Looking for a Duck

Post by wordgames.uk »

Now this may seem an odd request since there are hundreds of Duck models but most seem to fall into the classification of the traditional (such as montrolls birds in origami) or the ones that look more like a goose (yoshiaki Tanteidan 6).

Ideally Id love to find a model online but if anyone knows of one in a book, I think either yellow bath duck or swimming mallard with wings would be along the lines Im looking for.

...Oh and did Kasahara ever release diagrams for that scotty dog shown on the title page 'The thrill of creating' ?

Thanks in advance!
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

You may want to change your username... if you can. posting your email on the web is never a good idea. anyway.

Here are diagrams for a funny duck, not what your looking for no doubt, but nice none the less: http://dev.origami.com/images_pdf/oddduck.pdf
as you said there are not many diagrams for ducks, so why don't you design you own? :) You could also just take an esisting simple duck and add grafts all over and come out with a really complex duck :-k
You can also search for "duck" in the origami database http://www.origamidatabase.com/
Hope that helped, a little...
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
Wordgames

Thanks

Post by Wordgames »

Im going to try and contact a mod to change that for me, I could swear it only said wordgames in the username (oops).
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

it worked
Brendan
Life is too short to be serious, laugh it up.
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

I would craft my own duck but that would require some level of competance in design, which I should note Mr Lang has not yet managed to impart through his 600 page epic.

It is a very odd duck indeed but as you say, not quite what Im looking for... now if only a rabbit was the order of the day!
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

There is a very cute duck by Katsuta Kyouhei in Tanteidan Magazin Issue 94. A picture can be seen on Gilad Aharoni´s website (scroll down the page).
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

a picture can also be seen in this forum, because I folded that duck in may and put a picture into the "what have you folded lately"-section:

:)
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

Now that is fits the bill perfectly (pun intended), I'll have to see if the magazine is available... and most importantly how much it will cost to get it sent to the UK.

Thanks!

(Assuming I can buy backissues without being a member it will cost about £27... Id consider it for the horned owl but Im not so sure about the duck)
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

If you're not averse to a bit of puzzle solving, there are two crease patterns for ducks available online:

Nicholas Terry's Little Big Duck
Jason Ku's Duck
Last edited by wolf on June 21st, 2006, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

i tried to look at jason ku duck from the link you posted but it says FORBIDDEN
Brendan
Life is too short to be serious, laugh it up.
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

wolf : jason's website is at http://stuff.mit.edu/~jasonku/ now
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

Both very nice, Ill certainly give it a shot... now who was it that likened CP folding to completing jigsaws blindfold while wearing oven mitts.
metrodj

Post by metrodj »

I'm quite fond of this duck, though I've only ever folded it once.
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

Perfect, Thanks Metro!