Shibaraku - after the collapse

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
BunBuIchi

Shibaraku - after the collapse

Post by BunBuIchi »

Hello All,

I am working to fold Shibaraku by Hojyo Takashi. This is intended as a gift for me to present to my sensei at the beginning of August. Any help will be most appreciated.
Using what I have found here, and in other locations I have successfully collapsed to the figure(4) seen on page 12 of Tanteidan Magazine #59. My resources seem to have had all references to forming the arms, hands, and sword removed. I presume this is due to copyright. Is there anyone who has folded this previously who can please guide me from here, or advise where to find the information I am missing?

Thank you very much.
Andre-4

Re: Shibaraku - after the collapse

Post by Andre-4 »

I know this model ..what happened but that only the head was published ..the other parts of the model can be found ...but its against copyright to post diagrams without permission..luckily i do see them on f.b so contacting the artist they are usually giving.....if you are on your p's and q's..Anything else just p'm me
Edited 22.7.18
There is a photo tutorial i saw which shows the références of c.p and the collapse but not the shaping...nor the ratio of head to body paper size...
Same again just contact me..
BunBuIchi

Re: Shibaraku - after the collapse

Post by BunBuIchi »

I was able to find some photo diagrams and get a good outcome. I presented the figure to my Sensei last week, and he was suitably impressed. I plan to fold this several more times to get it even better, but on asking him if I might one day replace it, my Sensei said in almost a possessive way, "No, this represents this moment in time."
Thanks for the offer, I may PM to ask for some advice on future folds of this, especially the shaping.