Artur Biernacki - Crab (CP Help)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Daydreamer

Artur Biernacki - Crab (CP Help)

Post by Daydreamer »

I thought it would be better to get the questions concerning this model out of the "What have you folded lately?"-topic, so I opened this new thread, also for the case that more question for folding this model arise.

The creasepattern can be found here: http://www.origami.art.pl/diagramy/75_diagram.PDF
esato wrote:Daydreamer: How did you fold the eyes? If I folded the base right, there is one point that needs to be split into two points, one for each eye. How did you do that?
Daydreamer wrote:You have to open sink (as open as possible that is) the tip, and then do something similar to two Elias stretches. You will get the two eyes and also a wider third flap which you can just fold back.
esato wrote:Can you post a picture? I am not quite sure I understand what you mean.
Ok, let's take our eye-flap (viewed from below in the full model).

You have to open sink the flap on the noted line. You will have to determine where the sink line should be exactly in the model yourself.
First you have to open the flap as far as possible (which is easy for me since I only have the eye flap now :-P)

Then fold the top point inside and close the model on exisiting creases.

In progress...

The result from above.

Next you have to stretch one of the points down as far as possible. The farther you manage to stretch it, the longer your eye-flap will be.
I'm sure there is a nice clean way of doing that, but I just stretch and flatten somehow.

For example like this. Then fold the flap back up, and repeat the same stretching procedure for the second eye.

When you are done you just need to fold the third flap behind out of the way...

...and you will have split the flap into two flaps which you can now shape into eyes :-)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
esato

Post by esato »

Gerwin:

Danke schon!

I tried doing the split method Robert Lang explains in ODS. But I think yours is better. I will try it later.
esato

Post by esato »

Cool! It worked!

I used kami, which is not suitable at all for this model.
I will try with tissue foil and post pictures later!