Collapsed Windmill?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.

Collapsed Windmill?

Postby srqgami » March 10th, 2019, 3:38 pm

I looking for help for instructions for folding what this website is calling a collapsed windmill pattern. Thank you!
srqgami

Re: Collapsed Windmill?

Postby Baltorigamist » March 11th, 2019, 1:18 am

There’s a traditional base called a Windmill Base (I think that’s the name), instructions for which shouldn’t be hard to find. You’re essentially making four connected preliminary folds and then folding the 8 flaps behind.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Baltorigamist

Postby Brimstone » March 11th, 2019, 4:38 am

Check the diagram to make a windmill base at: https://www.origami-resource-center.com ... -base.html
but stop at step 7 and just squash the flap.
After that you have to thin each one of the 4 flaps by folding the edge to the diagonal of the model and then hiding that part inside which in origami is called an inside recerse fold.
Brimstone
Buddha

Postby Kabuntan » March 11th, 2019, 5:30 pm

Brimstone wrote:After that you have to thin each one of the 4 flaps by folding the edge to the diagonal of the model and then hiding that part inside which in origami is called an inside recerse [reverse] fold.

It looks like it is made of simple mountain folds, and not reverse folds, as Baltorigamist said ("folding the 8 flaps behind").
Kabuntan

Postby Brimstone » March 11th, 2019, 8:03 pm

Kabuntan wrote:
Brimstone wrote:After that you have to thin each one of the 4 flaps by folding the edge to the diagonal of the model and then hiding that part inside which in origami is called an inside recerse [reverse] fold.

It looks like it is made of simple mountain folds, and not reverse folds, as Baltorigamist said ("folding the 8 flaps behind").

You're right. I did not understand the part about folding parts behind before but now it makes sense.
Brimstone
Buddha

Return to Diagrams & Crease Patterns