Help me with this Turtle

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
luscaspn

Help me with this Turtle

Post by luscaspn »

I got myself stuck on trying to figure out how this model works... can I get some help from the master bois from this forum to help me reverse engineer this? https://prnt.sc/phnjdm how can i make the bottom shell?? Oops, forgot to say that the model is designed by Kei Watanabe, one of the best designers when it comes to animals in my opnion.
Baltorigamist

Re: Help me with this Turtle

Post by Baltorigamist »

All I can tell from that one picture is that the model appears to be box-pleated (though that may not be the case). If it is, then it would be extremely hard to reverse-engineer an exact crease pattern--and even if it isn't, folding it based on that picture alone would be difficult at best.
I hate to sound so pessimistic, but reverse-engineering is the most difficult part of origami in my opinion (harder even than designing).

I saw on Flickr that you've tried contacting the designer. Good luck!
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
luscaspn

Re: Help me with this Turtle

Post by luscaspn »

Kei is not the guy who designs something and post the CP xD. Of course reverse engineering it will be a hard work but I am not looking for the exact same CP or same result. I managed to get quite close to it:
scales on front legs: ✓
Upper shell: ✓
tail: ✓
head: meh
bottom shell: X
I see it like redesigning it, maybe it wont look so good at first version but i can try to fix a few things here and there. If I succeed, CP for it will be public.