Origami humans, Satoshi's wizard, just a bunch of questions

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
CrusaderX

Origami humans, Satoshi's wizard, just a bunch of questions

Post by CrusaderX »

Hey guys, I'm new here. I've got a few questions... first one being, could you guys name some good models of just a human? I mean one you could do anything with, not a violinist, etc. Just a regular person to bend and pose.

Next question, well, I've seen Satoshi's Wizard... and wow. Just wow. The question is, where are you guys getting the diagrams for some of Satoshi's creations? I love all of his creations, but can never find a diagram and have never heard of a book from him.( since im in the US maybe? )

But I'm glad I found these forums, and I'm sure I'll be using them quite often :D
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

This is a really great forum which even offers you a Search function, amazing, isn't it?

All your questions have been dealt with several times before.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Friet

Post by Friet »

paperz

Post by paperz »

Hi,

With the description you give, there are 2 models that come to mind, one, 'Man' by Didier Piguel and two, 'Dancers' by Jeremy Shafer. Just scroll down this page and you can see both http://www.giladorigami.com/PG_People4.html

I too am looking for the 'Man' by Didier Piguel. Does anyone know if its diagrammed?
Android raptor

Post by Android raptor »

I recommend Maarten Van Gelder's human: http://origami.kvi.nl/models/humans/wheelchr/index.htm
I use it to make my anime dolls.
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

Hojo have many sibiraku, buda etc
CrusaderX

Post by CrusaderX »

lol Yeah, I got Martin's human. It's pretty cool. But man, can you get Satoshi's book for ANY cheaper? Maybe somewhere in the US sells it or something, because that's a little out of my budget and the want to fold the wizard is killing me :P
Friet

Post by Friet »

The price may be a bit high, but the 52 dollars include shipping and it's an amazing book. I would have paid twice the amount if I had to :)
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Alternatively, to save money, you can fold it after the CP on Satoshi Kamiya's homepage:
http://www.folders.jp/g/2002/wizard.html :twisted:
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
CrusaderX

Post by CrusaderX »

lol, I've never folded a crease pattern, but I suppose I'm going to have to learn from these forums... rather fast. lol.
Friet

Post by Friet »

Learning how to fold crease patterns and folding the model like it is on the picture will probably take you more time than getting a job, ordering the book from Japan and folding it from the book :) And the result will look much worse :)
CrusaderX

Post by CrusaderX »

Yeah I suppose so. Got a job already, so now I just lack the "getting paid" part :P . I was looking at trying to fold the Kiwi crease pattern just for some practice, it doesn't seem that bad.