Quentin Trollip - Little Mermaid diagram help needed

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
DazedDeer

Quentin Trollip - Little Mermaid diagram help needed

Post by DazedDeer »

Hi! I'm really struggling with steps 48 - 55 of quentin Trollip's little mermaid from one of the passion origami books, origami sequence.

If anyone knows how to do it please help
marsch

Re: Quentin Trollip - Little Mermaid diagram help needed

Post by marsch »

As these steps will be made between layers it is important to use a sufficiently big paper. The diagram suggests 40 cm. I'm using a handmade (after cutting) 39 cm paper.

48. Inside reverse-fold the right triangle INTO the left triangle.
=> IMHO step 49 and 50 are missing a x-ray indication (or a comment similar to step 47: "The upper layer of the left triangle will not be shown.")
49. Inside reverse-fold the INNER raw edge.
=> It is helpful to open up the model a bit.
50. Mountain-fold the inner layer on EXISTING crease.
=> This can be done blindly. The model should be almost closed.
51. Reverse-fold the inner layers TOGETHER. A swivel-fold of the raw edge has to be performed as well.
=> (The upper layer of the left triangle is shown.) Pay attention that the mountain-fold made in step 50 is not lost.
52. Unfold to step 48.
=> Spread the layers slightly and have a look from the right side. You will notice that the structure made in the last steps is symmetric. Remember this before unfolding.
Now repeat on the left side and then refold this strucure.

Hope this helps.
DazedDeer

Re: Quentin Trollip - Little Mermaid diagram help needed

Post by DazedDeer »

Thanks! I ended up doing somewhat different folds to the book (I think) that somehow sorta worked. But I'm making the model again soon so I can male it properly