Triceratops -- Park Jong Woo

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
dinogami

Triceratops -- Park Jong Woo

Post by dinogami »

Hi All! - Another question about a model from Origami Pro 5, this time about Park Jong Woo's Triceratops model. I keep getting stuck at step 98 because there is literally no triangular, sunken body of paper underneath the first (outermost) layer of paper that can be un-sunk in that step. There's sunken paper there, but it is in no way triangular, and I cannot see how to un-sink even just a triangular portion of what's in there. I'm wondering if I messed something up earlier in the model, but honestly I can't see where. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
bethnor
Buddha

Re: Triceratops -- Park Jong Woo

Post by bethnor »

this model i can sort of help with, cuz i've done it successfully. unfortunately, i can't do anything like shoot a video that might help, and it's not easy to explain (unfortunate failing of much modern, complex origami--you need a 50 cm sheet for this model, and it takes a while to get to that step!). it does get tricky there, and those that follow. but some hints--mainly, the step is not as dramatic as it looks. don't work too hard to separate the layers, and IIRC, the "unsink" part has some existing creasing that you just need to restore. the following steps are also disorienting, but if you follow the same principle of restoring/using preexisting creases, you should get there.

ETA: i know that's probably frustratingly vague. IIRC, if you gently separate the layers where indicated, it's easier to see what you unsink (if you fully separate the layers, it just gets confusing).
bethnor
Buddha

Re: Triceratops -- Park Jong Woo

Post by bethnor »

such is origami. hopefully you'll have figured this out by now. if not. only partially separate the layers indicated. if you fully separate the layers, it will all just get messed up. after you partially separate the layers, look in the nearest pockets for the indicated triangles outlined in the unsink in the diagrams. assuming you have precreased correctly, the unsink creases should be present. push up on them, and let the slightly separated layers fall back into place.