Wolverine?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
malachi

Wolverine?

Post by malachi »

Do any of you know of a diagrammed wolverine model (the animal, not the super hero)? Or even an animal that looks reasonably similar?

I have looked in the origami database and found nothing. I have searched the web and found nothing. I also had no luck searching the forum.
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

I have not seen a model for a wolverine but the reaon may be they they are not a very distinctive creature... resembling a small bear whos fur can be anything from pure white through to jet black (usually mottled and often a reddy brown).
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

Not distinctive? Quite distinctive, really. Depending on its pose or posture, it looks like a weasel or a wolf. I think it's not a matter of distinctiveness, but rather it has somehow fallen beneath the notice of most origami designers. It seems like most of the Mustelidae family has been ignored. There are a few weasel designs out there, but I've not seen a wolverine, a marten, or a mink.
Yes, I am that Joseph Wu. Not that it really matters. And please call me Joseph or Joe. "Mr. Wu" is my dad. :)
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

I stand by my little bear description (Okay so they can also look like little red pandas or monkeys depending on how they sit)... now a marten I have seen, I'll have to go digging around my collection now.

Now my only peice of wolverine trivia is that their classification is gulo gulo vancouverensis... so perhaps this is a project for a canadian folder?
Last edited by Wordgames on July 20th, 2006, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

I really wish there was an edit feature so I could get rid of little typos when I notice them later.

Anyhow, I concede defeat on the marten. The diagram I have marked marten is a Taiper model without the colour change... which looks absolutely nothing like a marten.
Last edited by Wordgames on July 20th, 2006, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

Found it!

Okay its in a book called classic origami by P.D Tuyen which is a book I would strongly recommend since:

1. It costs very little

2. It has a very good raven, bat and spider which take less than a minute to fold yet look very impressive (Especially the spider which is one of my favourite models).

3. Its a great for beginners or those teaching models to others.
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

the edit feature is in the top right hand corner of your post, i wonder how many times this has been said :roll:
Brendan
Life is too short to be serious, laugh it up.
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

Even once you had told me where it was it took me a about 20 seconds to actually see it.

I believe that this is because the letters of both words are capitals of the same height are placed closely togeather so all I would see was Quote.

Thanks, I will be taking full advantage of this feature.
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

your welcome, i cant evn imagine how many times i have edited my posts because i usuall y do most of my poting at night so i have a lot of typos
Brendan
Life is too short to be serious, laugh it up.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

rokonacdc wrote:i usuall y do most of my poting at night so i have a lot of typos
Like we can all clearly see here :twisted:
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Well, for those to lazy:
Here is a nice site with some pictures.

The Wolverine looks somewhat like a bear really..(last picture)
No doubt one of the exsisting bear designs could be used.

Apparently, it is related to the badger
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Daydreamer did so in the past: viewtopic.php?t=1431
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Ah yes! thank you.

I just quoted someone who had used link text and got the code that way. That you though.
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos