Tomohiro's Man in Hood CP help.

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
CrusaderX

Tomohiro's Man in Hood CP help.

Post by CrusaderX »

Hey guys. I was looking through some stuff today and stumbled onto this -

http://www.tsg.ne.jp/TT/origami/charact ... an_in_hood

The CP is beside of it, but I'm not sure how to find the lines, etc. The shading can help on whether its a valley or mountain crease, but I have NO clue :shock: on how to find any lines except the one up through the middle. Any help? :?

(The Kamehameha is awesome too, would like some tips on it, but mainly just the man in hood.)

Thanks!
CrusaderX

Post by CrusaderX »

Ok, I have managed to collapse the base... only I can't figure out how to form the legs. I see the arms are rabbit ear-ed, and I've got the head and hood. I just do not see how the legs are formed.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

This CP is based on a 8x8 grid. So, fold in half, fold in half again, and fold in half a third time. Do this horizontal and vertical. Then insert the diagonals at the appropriate places and you should have everything you need.

Edit: I just saw you posted at the same time as me, I'll leave the info here nevertheless to help other people.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
CrusaderX

Post by CrusaderX »

No problem man. I've got it all done, and realized the diagrams are in Tanteidan 11th Convention. So can anyone help some with the legs? I cannot figure out which direction, etc, he folded them, and this is an awesome model, I found a mini piece of square laying around, so I've made a fairly small one, I'll post some pics if I ever figure out the legs :D
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

I had planned on trying this CP a while ago but I had completely forgotten. thank you for reminding me.

I hope this pictures help you. I agree that its beauty lies on its simplicity.

Collapsed base front: Image
Collapsed base Back: Image
origami93

Post by origami93 »

hey, Brimstone, what type of paper is that? those colors are awsome!
CrusaderX

Post by CrusaderX »

Ah, that's about how I did mine. Although I still dont see how hes got the legs folded, I finished mine and I'll put some pics up in the next post but I just need to figure out how to wrap the legs around. It looks almost like a color change. Thanks though for the pics to go by! :D
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

To origami93: it is some local kami that has a "degradé" effect. Degradé meaning that it morphs from one color to another.

To CrusaderX legs have a color change. See the first picture. The back is green and the legs are orange
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

You are right CrusaderX the first model is just like the base, but the second one has some trouble with the legs. Maybe the CP changes a little, maybe only in the orientation of the legs
CrusaderX

Post by CrusaderX »

Alright guys, I finished my second one (tried to make a better version) and here it is.

Hope you like them, I find this to be a very flexible model, you could do just about anything with it. I tried to make a face on him, but I doubt it showed up well in the pics.
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

I fixed your image links...
Yes, I am that Joseph Wu. Not that it really matters. And please call me Joseph or Joe. "Mr. Wu" is my dad. :)
CrusaderX

Post by CrusaderX »

Thanks Joe. lol, I'm not too good with forum tags and such. But yeah, I finally finished it, although I think the hands and feet are wrong.