Waterbomb Airplane

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
bgalb

Waterbomb Airplane

Post by bgalb »

I'm quite new here, I dont actually know where to post it, so I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

Anyway, Im not an Origamist or something, I only fold basic stuff, as birds like in the picture above and so.

I remember when I was about 5 years old, my father folded me a Waterbomb airplane, now, I looked for the instructions for folding it on the internet, but it turns out that they took the instructions off the internet.

I really wanna know how to fold this plane,

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Gal K.
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

bgalb

Post by bgalb »

yep, it is, thanks.
bgalb

Post by bgalb »

does anyone understood how can I add the second paper?

and - how to do step 11?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Which second paper?

To perform step 11 blow in the tip hole of the paper (indicated by the arrow) while sightly pulling the layers apart, the model will become 3D.

Note: You have to turn the paper over after step 11 so that it looks like the picture in step 12.
pupalisk

Post by pupalisk »

i think you do add a seond paper... how do u end up with step 4?
BLAARG! SMAARG! GRAAAAAOOORRGH!!!
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

I would suggest starting the model with a 1x2 rectangle instead of A-sized paper. Then you won't have to add a second paper :-)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
pupalisk

Post by pupalisk »

...oh
BLAARG! SMAARG! GRAAAAAOOORRGH!!!
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

I could help you, maybe... Text of first step is (free translation):
cut at longer side of the paper 1 or 2 cm strip to obtain narrower paper...
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
davjds

Post by davjds »

I have a 1984 book by Campbell Morris called Advanced Paper Aircraft Construction MK II. The ISBN is 0 207 14964 X.

The book is dedicated to "Mr Pod Kynold and Dr Who fans everywhere (including Mum)", and is published by Cornstalk Publishing. You can still get these on ebay, by other publishers too I believe (Angus & Roberson publishers, and Bluegum).

His version looks just like that on in the link (the diagrams are exact from step 4 on but with english instructions), which makes me think he was the one who came up with it. It's called Kamikaze Water Bomber on page 32.

It is definately a single sheet of paper. That diagram just doesn't show the the full dimensions of the paper for steps 1 to 3 (I assume because of lack of space to draw).

Morris says to make it with foolscap paper, but with 3cm cut off the side to make it a little longer.

Essentially you create a regular waterbomb base until step 4. In step 9, you're also making another waterbomb base, or if you think of it, the backside of the first one. bgalb, I recommend you find some better instructions for how to make a waterbomb (or water bomb, or sometimes called "chinese lantern"). If you learn how to make one of those, making the airplane version will seem to make much more sense. I learned how to make the airplane one first as a kid, and I remember how frustrating I found it at first. It is creative of the author though, finding a way to graft that waterbomb onto wing :)

This book has one of my favourite airplanes, called Dart Attack. It also uses a waterbomb base, but uses rabbit ears on the flaps to create two "feet/guns". Because that creates 3 points altogether, the dart sticks into people's hair when thrown (he says that).