Satoshi Kamiya - Cerberus (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Diopside

Post by Diopside »

Where did you get the CP?
I want to make this:)
tee

Post by tee »

tanteidan magazine volume 17, issue 97.
esato

Post by esato »

Tee, any progress yet?
tee

Post by tee »

i've folded as Artur's instruction,..then halt again :lol:
esato

Post by esato »

tee wrote:i've folded as Artur's instruction,..then halt again :lol:
Haha :)
Me too!

From there on there is still a lot to do :P
mithrandir

kamiya's cerberus

Post by mithrandir »

I'm having some troubles too. I made as arthur showed, but I couldn't make the toes (i've done like ancient dragon, but it doesn't work very well and enclosure the paper inside. The opened part is under the model, so I coudn't open it properly). I'm having trouble with the heads too!!! How to make the hexagonal part appears outside (I tried to reverse it, but it doesn't worked). Arthur, could you post more photos???
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

for detail it difficalt to know after base, many guess
Tim Foley

Post by Tim Foley »

Has anybody made further progress after the images Artur posted? I collapsed the base and followed the images and now am kind of stuck.

The last paragraph of the Japanese text accompanying the CP mentions the Ancient Dragon and Wizard along with the front limbs of Cerberus (from my limited understanding). I don't know if this is meant to say that the front-leg design is the same, or is derived from these models. I may have to pull out a kanji dictionary and see if there are more hints buried in the text...

The real sticking point for me is the heads. Each head has three forward-facing flaps and one backwards-facing one. If anybody knows which features of the head each is supposed to turn into, that would help a lot.
esato

Post by esato »

Tim Foley wrote:Has anybody made further progress after the images Artur posted? I collapsed the base and followed the images and now am kind of stuck.
We are two! Maybe Artur could post further instructions on how to finish the Cerberus. :) After too much trying I have given up, until I get some help.

Tim Foley wrote: The last paragraph of the Japanese text accompanying the CP mentions the Ancient Dragon and Wizard along with the front limbs of Cerberus (from my limited understanding). I don't know if this is meant to say that the front-leg design is the same, or is derived from these models. I may have to pull out a kanji dictionary and see if there are more hints buried in the text...
I think you are right about the front limbs. Maybe there are more hints buried in the text. What intrigues me most is that Artur can't read Japanese! So I guess he folded the model without any hints. What an origami genius he is!

Maybe it would be easier for us to figure it out if we had folded many models by Kamiya, as Artur has. Or maybe not... He folded the Ancient Dragon from the CP... :shock: :shock:
orion119net

Post by orion119net »

Is it possible for someone to scan the CP? Or is that not legal?
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

yes
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

What I think you mean is that, "Yes it is illegal." And no, no one will scan the CP for you, not on this forum anyways.....
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
wdragon

Post by wdragon »

anyone please help me shape the head of cerberus! i can fold its head but, it's not the same like kamiya's one! I wanna shape the head like kamiya's cerberus!!
i love origami!!
halogen64

Post by halogen64 »

Still no help with the head?

This is now my current crease pattern project (I'm hoping one day to be as good as Artur Biernacki), but I have a long way to go. If I figure out the head, I will post pictures here.
halogen64

Post by halogen64 »

I've managed to collapse the crease pattern (minus some details in the feat (8 1/2" copy paper does not make this easy). I am currently working on shaping the heads. I also noticed that my tail looks shorter. Does anyone know how to make the tail longer? I will upload pictures of my progress tomorrow sometime.