Questions about Copyright

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
tadashimori

Questions about Copyright

Post by tadashimori »

Well, I´m trying to make a Origami book with my Origamis and some old Origamis (like tsuru, tulip, etc..). I want to know how to put a "copyright" on my Origamis and I want to know if I can freely put these old Origamis in my book (I dont know if Tsuru and this kind of Origamis has copyright). Well, I´m going to make my own diagrams in all Origamis, for sure.
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Well, I'm not sure how to put a copy right while wrting a book, but I'm sure that your publisher can help you with that.
About the traditional models, no one will object to you putting in a crane and other traditional models. They do not have copyrights one them, so anyone can publish a book with them in it. The diagrams drawn are ussually copyrighted though.
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
islandmassive

Post by islandmassive »

hi,
you should be able to buy copyright depending on what country your in also if you looking for a free way there's always copyleft and considering copyright only last twenty-five years aftyer the creators death i dont think things like the crane or the tsuri will have copyright :)