Starting with CP folding

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
evandrobrisson

Starting with CP folding

Post by evandrobrisson »

Hello,

I realized that i'm losing a lot of cool models (like satoshi's phoenix and cerberus) cuz i cant fold from CP, so i decided i will give it a try.

Anyone have any advice or easy CPs to start?

thank you
origami93

Post by origami93 »

PLP

Post by PLP »

hey, i have a daubt on cp's to...

To do a cp you print it?
How do you do?

Thanks

Sory for the misswriting, i'm brasilian, you know...

hauhauhau

PLP
NL3181

Post by NL3181 »

oh ... :roll: ...i would like to know how to start and from where to start to fold a Crease Pattern.....for example the CP's from Robert Lang website how to start to fold those object from the CP's :?: #-o

sorry i am just a beginner.... :oops:
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

You have two good places to start (the links already posted). everything else is experience. you cannot instantly know how to fold from a CP, it takes a lot of time. You have to get used to the way things are laid out in models, the common folding techniques to get flaps.... the list goes on. You just have to fold for a long time. I have been folding for about three years and I still cannot fold many CPs.

PLP: You can print the CP for you first try, and most probably do this. The end result you want though is a model made from somethingother than copy paper, so you are going to have to find refernce point and transfer the creases onto some good paper.
Again, there is no easy way to learn how to fold a CP, practice practice practice.
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
islandmassive

Post by islandmassive »

same here :oops:
kehom

Post by kehom »

hmmm.. I Know it´s very very hard to fold from CP´s.
This might explain why there are so many questions about "how to fold from CPs" or such. I think there should be an Sticky Post with the title "How to fold from CP´s". Then, from there, links to all the sites where one can learn tips for doing this task. Along with some of the tips we can write here, like the one (never mentioned) practice a lot... thinks like that. Just my sugestion.
May the shwartz be with you! ;)
NL3181

Post by NL3181 »

i am thinking to buy Robert Lang (ODS) book....it seem the diagrams/CP's are very difficuilt to fold :? i think i better master the folding techniques first ... :roll:
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

ODS isn't going to teach you how to master folding techniques, neither will it give you a recipe for folding CPs. It's really what Aznman just said - practice till your fingers hurt. Then practice some more.
evandrobrisson

Post by evandrobrisson »

thx for the links

i see a lot of ppl want to try to fold things from CP

i think there is no other way but pratice

i will start this weekend ^^