Twisted towers

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Maethornadu

Post by Maethornadu »

Arg, sorry mates, Ive been so busy with schoolwork I hadn't had time to try. It does look like a nice thing to attempt to purify with scrap paper after each midterm this week though. :lol:
Controlling the population, one person at a time
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I have exams coming up so I could try it instead of going to sleep after I've finished the exam. Of course, I'll have to study the towers for a while. I believe it would be fairly simple.

After looking closely, I've found out that the bottom of the white part sticks out while the bottom of the blue part sticks in, so they fit together. However, the units are still completely the same other than that, and the sticking in/out part is made from the same size square.

This might even be possible with one piece of paper :? ...
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Maethornadu

Post by Maethornadu »

Well, I gave it a shot and actually came up with something yesterday, (something far too ugly to show people) so I made it all pretty and put it on flickr. As I'm too noobish to know how to post pics, and seeing as how Im too lazy to use the search right now, heres a nice, shiny link!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16054390@N00/

the triangles are equilateral, the side tops arent 1*1*sqrt2 as I would like, also I had a retard moment and forgot to make a way to actually join modules. :oops:

Well, atleast I have more exams to work it out, instead of, ya know, thinking about schoolwork or being any productive.
Controlling the population, one person at a time
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Very nice... you just need some way to connect, like you said.

Off topic: Hee hee, I've made a smaller Dragon in Flight than you. :D Good job on the dragon.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs