Flip - Flop by Thoki Yenn

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Whiteshadows asked the same a few posts above. Believe me it is as I say.

Try it this way. Do the crimp. Pass the end of the flap through the center of the model without letting the crimp to undo (you need like 3 hands for this). When the end of the flap appears on the left side of the model it is just the time to do the reverse fold.

what the heck watch this video: <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HP37CBRJvt0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed>
Mospinispinosp

Post by Mospinispinosp »

Thanks a bunch for the video. I don't have my unfinished flip-flop on hand right now, but I think I might have done something wrong at an earlier step anyway. Either that or my paper is just too small for my first try, it's less than half as big as yours :P.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

This is like the 8th flip flop I've done, but the first one I did was from the rectangle you get using the long side of a legal sized sheet and it was ok to work with.

How long was your original strip?
Mospinispinosp

Post by Mospinispinosp »

Thanks so much for the video, I figured it out. Now I'm kind of stuck on the next step, but there's a video for that one already up so I'm sure I'll figure it out :P. My paper is about 8 inches long, so it's a bit smaller than the short side of printer paper. It seems like it will work out, but it definitely is on the small side.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

I did that video too.

This model rules!

Please post a picture of your finished model
Mospinispinosp

Post by Mospinispinosp »

I still haven't gotten it, I need to get some bigger paper, that seems to be the main problem.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Can't you get a hold of legal paper? One sheet is enough for two good sized flip flops. You can always glue two strips of copy paper to achieve the size you want.

I once saw a picture of a flip flop made from two U$1 bills joined one after the other to achieve the lenght. Very cool