Interlocking rings

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Tonamel

Interlocking rings

Post by Tonamel »

Does anybody know of a pattern to create a ring out of one piece of paper, such that I could use five sheets of paper to create something like the Olympic rings? Or is that just a dream, considering the gigantic hole?

There are lots of patterns for wearable rings, and they're making my search for something flatter nigh impossible.

Any ideas?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Take a long strip of paper and make a lot of crimp folds.
4sigma

Re: Interlocking rings

Post by 4sigma »

Tonamel wrote:Does anybody know of a pattern to create a ring out of one piece of paper, such that I could use five sheets of paper to create something like the Olympic rings? Or is that just a dream, considering the gigantic hole?

There are lots of patterns for wearable rings, and they're making my search for something flatter nigh impossible.

Any ideas?
Jeremy Shafer has a pattern similar to this in his book "Origami to Astonish and Amuse." Two interlocking rings can be found on page 46. Eight interlocking rings can be found on page 176. The "eight rings" design is easily modified to be any even number of rings. (Though large numbers of rings become increasingly more difficult to fold from a single sheet of paper.)

The table of contents can be found here..
Tissue foil -- the best thing since sliced bread.