Places to submit origami diagrams?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
NumboJumbo

Places to submit origami diagrams?

Post by NumboJumbo »

Hi

I recently set up a Yahoo group called Origami Skill Exchange, a place to bring model creators and diagrammers together to produce diagrams of previously undiagrammed models. To try and encourage people to submit their undiagrammed models to the group, I thought I could complile a list of organisations, publications etc. that accept diagram submissions for (possible) inclusion at their event or within their publication.

I list below the ones that I am aware of - and it's not many! If anybody is aware of any others that I have not included on the list, I would be grateful if you could let me know what they are. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

British Origami Society Magazine
The Origami Peace Tree Project
Easy Origami Calendar by Accord Publishing
Origami Calendar by Workman Publishing

Ta ra
Mike

PS. Apologies to anybody who is a member of The O-List. I am cross posting this message to that group as well.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Many associations are very glad to receive diagrams for their convention books. Some of them that come to my mind are "Origami Deutschland", "Origami USA", "British Origami Soceity", "Origami Tanteidan",...
For such submissions the diagrams often have to fulfill some specifications like a two centimeter gap on the left side for the binding, only black and white diagrams,... These specifications vary a lot and can be asked for at the specific organisation and often they are listed on the offical homepages.

For those people who like to have their diagrams available online, just ask someone who already has an Origami homepage if they are willing to host another diagram as well. I´m sure there are enough people out there who would be willing to show diagrams for someone else´s inventions. Here too Origami associations are a good place to ask, but in this case you often have to be a member to get your diagrams accepted.
NumboJumbo

Post by NumboJumbo »

Hi Anna

Thanks fir responding to my query. I'm going to be chasing up some if the groups you mentioned.

Ta ra
Mike