Help with cp's simbols

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
PLP

Help with cp's simbols

Post by PLP »

Hi people...

I was navigatin in Robert j. Lang site when i saw his cps...

I had already ready a lot of things about cps, but i culd not understend those simbol, like the circles or there are some ones that have a lot of diferent kinds of lines...

i don't know if i missunderstude something i ready and so i canot figure this cps out our what...

So if you could help me eighter explain this or puting some articles hear, i will be gratfull...

If i don't made myself clear (i'm not so fluent in english, rsrsrs), let me know please!

thanks everybody...

ByBy
PLP

Post by PLP »

ops...

i forgot to put mister's Lang link...

here it is: http://www.langorigami.com/art/creasepa ... terns.php4

sory...

rsrsrs

by
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

The main thing you have to watch out for on Dr. Lang's CPs is that he often draws one half of it more detailed than the other side. This means that you fold the creases shown on the less-detailed side first, on both sides. Then you add in the additional creases shown on the more detailed side.

As for the circles, they are not that important when you are actually trying to solve a crease pattern. Their use is in indicating what area of the paper is used to form each flap. Those circles are the theoretical minimum amount of space necessary to form each flap.

Also, Dr. Lang often uses solid bold lines for mountain folds and lighter dashed lines for valley.
PLP

Post by PLP »

Thank you very much!!!
=)

by