Marc Kirschenbaum - Fluffy the Teddy Bear

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
paradox

Post by paradox »

Hi I'm new here, I've been trying to do Fluffy, but I'm stuck on how to get from 19 to 20. I saw an earlier post, but I couldn't understand it too well. Can someone please explain? Thanks.
~*.I'm Just A Huge, Insignificant Paradox.*~
nintendofan2009

Post by nintendofan2009 »

Hi guys, I'm new to this website and saw this and really want to make it. I am only 13 though and the pdf is hard to understand when you don't know the basics. Could anyone make a video tutorial?
Evellon

Post by Evellon »

Hi!
I tried to do this model but I got stuck at step 19. The photos couldn't help me because things look a bit differently in my case and I think that I don't do step 18 correctly.
Can someone help me by showing some photos or explaining how to do both steps?
Falcifer

Post by Falcifer »

Evellon wrote:Hi!
I tried to do this model but I got stuck at step 19. The photos couldn't help me because things look a bit differently in my case and I think that I don't do step 18 correctly.
Step 19 has been photographed in an earlier post. On the front page.

Part way down this post.

I'm wondering if anyone has had success with the closed sinks in step 55, though. They don't seem entirely necessary, but they would make the model look much cleaner from the back, I'm sure.
Evellon

Post by Evellon »

Falcifer wrote:
Evellon wrote:Hi!
Step 19 has been photographed in an earlier post. On the front page.

Part way down this post.

I'm wondering if anyone has had success with the closed sinks in step 55, though. They don't seem entirely necessary, but they would make the model look much cleaner from the back, I'm sure.
I saw the photo but I can't make my model look like the photographed one and I don't know why...
David

Post by David »

Evellon wrote: I saw the photo but I can't make my model look like the photographed one and I don't know why...
Don't worry too much about looking the same carry on as best you can with the model, the folds you can't get may become more apparent later in the sequence.
franz

Post by franz »

@evellon: is your result of step 18 the one of step 19?

maybe you are confussed with step 18, because only one valley fold is shown: the valley-fold for the wing on the right. you have to perform the identical valley-fold on the left side, too.
franz
Senturo

Post by Senturo »

hi there.. i'm stuck at step 20. my origami looks like the picture but i don't know what to do now.
can anyone help me?
franz

Post by franz »

welcome to the forum.

concerning step 20: look at my 4th picture part way down this post (evellon has a link to it in his post) of step 19.

just fold the tip of the flap down - that´s it. (the complicated version is: fold the flap to the right - lift it once again - and squash it :-)
franz
Shanti

Fluffy by Marc Kirschenbaum

Post by Shanti »

Hello there!
This is my Fluffy:
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 4602_n.jpg[/img]
But I haven't been able to make the eyes. If I pull the paper apart like the arrows show, the paper rips.
Please help.
Shanti
franz

Post by franz »

hello shanti,

very nice fluffy - it seems you did use a bigger paper size :D

concerning step 63: I struggled with this one for nearly half a year, until I found the following solution:

1. I took one of my "practice-fluffys" that I have folded up to step 63 and tore the part with the eyes away; that means, I tore away the layers (shown in step 61) between the nose and the head
2. with this I got a model / pattern only of the eye (I think, it was a triangle, if I unfolded it; nevertheless, it does not matter)
3. I folded the "eyes-part-only" out of bigger paper (it was simple copy-paper), using the sample/crease pattern I received at my step 2
4. I colored one side: by using only one-colored-paper, like with your blue fluffy, it is difficult to see the result of the color-change of the eyes
5. then I practised on this model, how to wrap the paper around.

the edges of the eyes (the sides of the small squares) have to become valley-folds; if you manage it, you will see, that you definitely "wrap the layer around")
franz
Shanti

Post by Shanti »

Thank you Franz.
The difficulty is knowing what to put where :?
Did I make a mistake somewhere? Because when I turn it inside out I don't know what to do with the excess. The paper doesn't go back to where it was after the turning.
This is my start:
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 8633_n.jpg[/img]
If I "reherse" it as you suggest I don't know what to do with the paper.
Shanti
franz

Post by franz »

I just reactivated my flickr-account. I´ll post some pictures as soon as possible.
franz
Shanti

Post by Shanti »

Thank you Franz :)
franz

Post by franz »

so, let´s try it :D

blue = valley fold
red = mountain fold

start with half a square, colored side down. I´ve already folded the left tip to the middle; fold the right tip to the middle and fold the whole model in the middle.

outside-reverse-fold and fold the eye of the fluffy. now you do have a sample for practising:

you have to open the model to color-change the first half of the eye. push in the marked corner, you will creae a mountain fold. the fold on the white side will become a mountain fold, as shown, the fold on the colored side is a valley-fold on the colored-side, but a mountain-fold, if you look from the white side.

you see below what I mean:

if you valley-fold he right wing to the middle again

like this:

this will be the result,

and half of the eye is color-changed:

now do the same on the other side. you will understand by now, why I used a sample for practising: practising on the finished fluffy is maybe a litte bit more difficult :)

finished: both halves of the eye are color-changed.
franz