Tanaka Masashi's Dice

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
LilAngel

Tanaka Masashi's Dice

Post by LilAngel »

I've been trying to fold the CP and I was just wondering what side is up because it would help me in collapsing the CP. Oh, and also, what does the grey in the mean? Thanks in advance, and I might need more help later...

CP can be found here:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/HeartLand-Oa ... su.html#p1
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

If you ask those questions I guess you haven't really understood this model. It is a dice. With the numbers on it. The shadows in the CP are for creating the little dots on each one of the faces.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Brimstone wrote:If you ask those questions I guess you haven't really understood this model. It is a dice. With the numbers on it. The shadows in the CP are for creating the little dots on each one of the faces.
No they're not. This CP actually shows you whether the colored side of the paper will be facing up or down when the thing is collapsed. If you fold those creases with the paper colored-side-up, the grey areas will be facing up, and the white down.

I folded this once before. The spots are NOT actually given in the CP. What you get is a bunch of edge flaps that can be manipulated to form the spots. For a size guideline, look at the largest grey area. That is how big the photo on the right is.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

origamimasterjared wrote:No they're not. This CP actually shows you whether the colored side of the paper will be facing up or down when the thing is collapsed.
It would have been such a fantastic model if it were as I thouth it was...
rockerorigami

Re: Tanaka Masashi's Dice

Post by rockerorigami »

Which ones are the mountain folds?
origami is my religion
flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/102061175@N08/
origamipete
Forum Sensei

Post by origamipete »

rockerorigami wrote:Which ones are the mountain folds?
look at Jared's comment. the grey-white color-coding tells you how to collapse the model even though the M-V folds are not differentiated.
mixmastermarc16

Post by mixmastermarc16 »

im not quite sure what you guys are looking at....but the CP indeed shows MV lines......differentiated by solid and dashed lines....and furthermore...the shading for this CP is purely aesthetic....having folded it last week...you can check out my (very small) result on my flickr page.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mixmastermarc16