Nguyen Hung Cuong - Eagle (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Adam

Post by Adam »

origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

On the second page of this guide there is a way how to divide into 3. You should read the whole chapter since it contains useful information.
mr.mwood

Post by mr.mwood »

thanks guys thats a great help.
angelo

Post by angelo »

ok, i have tried the eagle a few times but i think i am collapsing the the base wrong( from anermak's photos ) so can some one please post a picture either depicting how the collapse is done or just showing the crease pattern (2006) with the lines used in the collapse high lighted thanks :D

wait a minute anermak's photo diagrams are for the 2006 eagle right?

Moderator Comment: Merged double post, please use the edit button.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

yes it is :D
angelo

Post by angelo »

ok i have folded the cp and i am starting to collapse it but now i am stuck so chesslo i hope your offer to help me still stands . i have taken a few photos of what i have so far and have posted them on my flickr profile (i am really sorry about the quality)

so here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35745475@N02/

Moderator Comment: fixed the link, please use the EDIT button instead of adding a "correcting post"
mr.mwood

Post by mr.mwood »

Hi guys, has anyone folded this Eagle from Nicolas Terry's - Licence to Fold. I am having a few problems following the diagrams and wondered if anyone could help me.
dziku

Post by dziku »

I'm folding from CP (2007).I hope it will help you:
:)
Last edited by dziku on July 15th, 2009, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

mr.mwood wrote:I am having a few problems following the diagrams...
It might help to say where (on which steps) in the diagrams you are having troubles. :)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Punisher3220

Having a problem with a step...

Post by Punisher3220 »

Hello. I am attempting to fold Cuong's Eagle in License to Fold. I do not understand what to do on step 61. I know to squash point b, but the top corner to the left of points a and c have me baffled. Everytime that I attempt to squash it, it doesn't collapse properly and the paper rips (I'm using tissue-foil). Can anyone please help me with this? [/i]
origamifinch

Post by origamifinch »

Hi I'm relatively new to folding cp's but I had a go at folding the 2006 version of this eagle because I thought that it would make a nice gift. The first thing I noticed is that there are two versions of the 2006 cp, one has an extra thing in the corner (next to where the blank triangle is). I don't know which one to use. Also I know there are allot of sinks in this model but are they open (I'm pretty sure that they are) or closed? Sorry for posting this so long after the previous posts, I don't know whether this thread is still open.
the world was flat, until it was folded
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

i'm not sure how you want ppl to answer that question. unless one of the cps is known to be wrong, do whichever one you would like to do. there is no "wrong" version of the of the eagle.
origamifinch

Post by origamifinch »

Thank's for the fast reply. I'm glad I can use any of the cp's and I did make a base. In some of the base pictures ,they have different ways of it looking but I think it is up to the folder to think of how to make the base (if you know what I mean, I don't explain things very well.)

Thanks, Finn
the world was flat, until it was folded
scrat69

Re: Nguyen Hung Cuong - Eagle (CP)

Post by scrat69 »

Hi All,
I've been reading a quite a number of posts on this forum on the Nguyen Eagle.
At the moment I'm folding this following Nicolas' book.
I have a problem understanding the folding of the wingtip (say the last 4 or 5 feathers) the diagrams are not all that clear to me. :?

Can somebody please help me with this?

thanks in advance!
scrat69

Re: Nguyen Hung Cuong - Eagle (CP)

Post by scrat69 »

Can anybody help me please? Is there someone who had the same problems with diagrams in Nicolas' book 153 to 158?

thanks for helping me out !!