How make Scales in Ryu zin dragon!!

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
grandia2

Post by grandia2 »

Can you show us how to fold the tail?
Niels

Post by Niels »

thanks!
but I tried the scales one or two months ago, i think after i read this topic. but i found it easier to turn the paper over after step 3 and make opensinks. instead of closed. i know it is less acurate, because you can't precrease, but i think i like the result better. i never tried the ryu-zin though.
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

its upgrade but 35 tail area not shows inside CP, it is guess mayb. Some extra for center top bottom (like 31), So dont no if he wants pubish. You know how fold this tail? Rest same like calendar 30. :)
ryuzin_origami

Post by ryuzin_origami »

i can't open rar files!could someone send me(email) the photodiagram in pdf/anything else ?
I have made a new flickr account! http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryuzin_origami/
sage_82

Post by sage_82 »

Go get winrar http://www.win-rar.com you can use the eval copy to extract the files. RAR files are just another alternative to ZIP files.
klnothincomin

Post by klnothincomin »

Niels wrote:thanks!
but I tried the scales one or two months ago, i think after i read this topic. but i found it easier to turn the paper over after step 3 and make opensinks. instead of closed. i know it is less acurate, because you can't precrease, but i think i like the result better. i never tried the ryu-zin though.
I think mountain folding the sides of the scales under is easier than sinking, it is faster and the tiny "pocket" formed when sinking is not visible.
Kevin Luo
If practice doesn't make perfect, at least it passes time! ^_^
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

Thanks Arthur for that diagram, I use it as inspiration for something else. I try tu credit you!

Anyway, I would like to invite you to small meeting with some foreign guests (especially from Poland) in Praha (Prague) this fall. It organize my colleagues and I am not sure about programme and people but I am sure it will be very hearty and nice meeting with many folding. And it will be extremaly interesting for us to see ryu zin in real (if you will take it with you).
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
ryuzin_origami

Post by ryuzin_origami »

sage_82 wrote:Go get winrar http://www.win-rar.com you can use the eval copy to extract the files. RAR files are just another alternative to ZIP files.
Thanks!
I have made a new flickr account! http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryuzin_origami/
artur biernacki
Forum Sensei

Post by artur biernacki »

Ondrej.Cibulka wrote:Thanks Arthur for that diagram, I use it as inspiration for something else. I try tu credit you!

Anyway, I would like to invite you to small meeting with some foreign guests (especially from Poland) in Praha (Prague) this fall. It organize my colleagues and I am not sure about programme and people but I am sure it will be very hearty and nice meeting with many folding. And it will be extremaly interesting for us to see ryu zin in real (if you will take it with you).
Send me information when you want make this meeting...
Artur
calvin46689

Artur diagramming Satoshi Kamiya models

Post by calvin46689 »

I second that proposal... where Artur could find the time, I don't know... :D
There are 11 types of people in the world: Those who don't understand binary code, people who DO understand binary code, and then there's people who understand binary code but don't know they do.
origamidude109323

Post by origamidude109323 »

:cry: how do you start the ryuzin scales

Double post removed by Moderator
insaneorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by insaneorigami »

You posted the question twice, just to let you know.

Basically, you just collapse the scales. Ever folded Robert Lang's Koi with scales? It's like the beginning of that. Look at the CP for 2.1, and that will tell you how to collapse the scales. the only difference between 2.1 and 3.5 scales is that 3.5 has two more rows. After you fold the basic scales, follow Artur's directions, and you have scales.
ETMOrigami

Re: How make Scales in Ryu zin dragon!!

Post by ETMOrigami »

when I click on the link for the photo diagrams, it leads me to imageshack.com but not to the picture :cry: .
-Ethan Martin,
the friend of any origamist

My flickr
ETMOrigami

Re: How make Scales in Ryu zin dragon!!

Post by ETMOrigami »

umm that just took me too google search.
-Ethan Martin,
the friend of any origamist

My flickr