Satoshi Kamiya - Phoenix

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

The CP is here on Satoshi's site.
eric_son

Post by eric_son »

Hi whitesnowfox,

Welcome to the forums.

I agree with Trekker_1983. Your creations are amazing!
I especially like the chambermaid.

Anyway, what kind of paper did you use for the 3.5 phoenix? Also, what size of paper did you use?
whitesnowfox

Post by whitesnowfox »

I use kraft paper(牛皮纸) for my phoenix.79*79cm.
http://www.lusiya.com/ofstar/read.php?f ... 8&fpage=10
You can get more pictures of my phoenix .
lildude

Only if I...

Post by lildude »

Only if I just have camera I can show my Phoenix...
LeoMx

Post by LeoMx »

Hi people

I'm new in the forum but not in origami, I've been trying to fold the Kamiya0's Phoenix but not exactly from the crease pattern, I need many reference points to fold the phoenix...

If someone has photos showing the folding thing I would appreciate if their are posted here or sent by e-mail.

Thanks
Leo
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Leo, what Phoenix? 3.0?

My very first post to this forum, a few years ago, was verbal instructions on how to find the only hard to find reference--the border. Search for it.

Also, you can probably find my diagram of how to find all the main creases in the CP, that was posted online without my permission.

Good luck!
LeoMx

Post by LeoMx »

origamimasterjared wrote:Leo, what Phoenix? 3.0?

My very first post to this forum, a few years ago, was verbal instructions on how to find the only hard to find reference--the border. Search for it.

Also, you can probably find my diagram of how to find all the main creases in the CP, that was posted online without my permission.

Good luck!

I guess is the 3.0 on this topic but the 3.5 seems to be very nice. I would like to see your diagram for the phoenix is it right to ask you to send it to me; promise to use it only for personal use.

Thanks
Leo
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Yes it's okay. Check your PMs.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

The REAL way to solve Kamiya's Phoenix CP

Turns out I was off on my original Kamiya Phoenix solution. While the method I came up with worked pretty well, it never seemed quite right. It was unlike anything I have ever seen Kamiya do.

So today I rethought it, and came up with this. It is much more straightforward and to the point, and it is completely accurate.

Niels

Post by Niels »

i'm sorry to open up this old topic now, but i've tryed to fold the 3.5 phoenix, and i am not quite satisfied on the wings. somehow the left one seems a bit bigger. any hints on how to fold the wings?

thank you

Niels
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

can someone postt how to collaspe it

thanks in advance
chesslo
AquaDragon

Post by AquaDragon »

Could anybody possibly make a photo diagram for how to make "Phoenix 3.0?" I keep messing up...
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Re: The REAL way to solve Kamiya's Phoenix CP

Post by JeossMayhem »

Hey Jared, I was working out Kamiya's Sleipnir in Oripa today and when I remembered your CP solution, I gave it a try. I ended up using most of these same creases to find the reference points.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Cool stuff, Geoff.

Yeah, a lot of Kamiya's stuff, as well as my stuff (surprisingly) utilizes similar reference points. Surprising to me, because that was not how I created it originally...

It's strange--a while back ORIPA gave up working on my computer. It seems my computer forgot how to run .jar files... Pity too, as I had some CPs saved in ORIPA.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

origamimasterjared wrote:It's strange--a while back ORIPA gave up working on my computer. It seems my computer forgot how to run .jar files... Pity too, as I had some CPs saved in ORIPA.
Did you upgrade to a newer version of Oripa? Some versions do not run on previous Runtime Environments. Make sure you have the latest JRE and 3D libraries from http://www.java.com