Has anyone folded Kamiya's Phoenix?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Oruhito

Post by Oruhito »

People please stop asking what should I do? There are like a billion posts on crease pattern help. Jacky good job on getting the paper and drawing the lines. Next you want to fold on the lines (pre-creasing) then collapse the folded lines into a base. From there look at photos of the phoenix and try to mold and shape the base to look like the final form.
jackyphoenix

Thanks...

Post by jackyphoenix »

I will have a go at it tonight..

I am not aware of the molding part. :(
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

This particular model has a 'fairly simple' molding process. What I mean by that is the base is fairly close to the actual finished piece. The legs, head, and tail are easy to figure out for the most part, but it's the wings that are the trouble. If anyone needs help on those, find it with the search funciton. It's there.
jackyphoenix

Post by jackyphoenix »

How does I knnw what to fold in or out?
At the 3.5 CP... Am I correct to guess the big kite shape would be the tail, (as this fourm shown earlier) won't it link to other part?

Am I to start from one corner or centre?

Or is the tail seprate from the body?

Sorry for asking silly question... :roll:
I will search more on this fourm... :lol:
sage_82

Post by sage_82 »

JeossMayhem wrote:This particular model has a 'fairly simple' molding process. What I mean by that is the base is fairly close to the actual finished piece. The legs, head, and tail are easy to figure out for the most part, but it's the wings that are the trouble. If anyone needs help on those, find it with the search funciton. It's there.
Jeoss,
I have done quite a bit of searching and have not found the information you say is here on how to shape the wings. I realize there are a number of Phoenix threads on here and have looked through them all with no luck.

If you find the thread that gives help on shaping the wings please post a reply here.

Thanks
Trekker_1983

Post by Trekker_1983 »

Hi!!.. I found this in the Vietnam Origami Group forum..
http://vietnamorigami.org/forum/viewtop ... 3&start=75

It will show you how to fold the wings.. I don't know if it's the right folding, but it looked good to me. :D :D
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Re: Phoenix... Thanks in advance... Huge Help Please...

Post by origamimasterjared »

jackyphoenix wrote:
Reading the forum, I've got myself a 60x60 piece of paper and pencil the line from the CP diagram on it.

What should I do next?
Erase the lines and fold it. :)

But seriously y'all, the idea with CPs is NOT to have every origami folder folding your stuff. It's to show the structure, how intelligently and efficiently designed it is, and give a few people who truly understand origami design and structures an opportunity to fold something that most people can't, even advanced super-complex folders. Also, folding CPs helps teach you how it works. Asking for so much help, and you're asking for...diagrams! I'm totally happy to help you locate the creases of the crease pattern, because there are often interesting tricks and things that you wouldn't recognize without a lot of practice. After that though, all you have to do is collapse it all. Forget open sinks, unsinks (which you will see are easy, and a very very useful move), reverse folds, swivel folds, petal folds, etc. Just collapse it all.

After the base is YOUR time to shine. Try your best to get from the base to the photo of the original piece.

As for the wings of the Phoenix, it should be fairly obvious that you need to flip the tips inside out and work from there.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

TY :D
rockmanex6

Re: Phoenix... Thanks in advance... Huge Help Please...

Post by rockmanex6 »

haha it use to just be, but modern todays make them folds it :)

But seriously y'all, the idea with CPs is NOT to have every origami folder folding your stuff. It's to show the structure, how intelligently and efficiently
nothincomin

Post by nothincomin »

Can someone help me with making the wings, I don't get how to make this part of the wing:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23254882@N02/2226373177/

My wing feathers look like they are not foded ike that:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23254882@N02/2226373265/

Can someone post at least a photo diagram or very precise and detailed tips? I would appreciate it!
An Origami Lover
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Your pictures aren't showing, and you don't need to post the same thing in three separate threads because they move to the top of the list anyway.
Hm.. but I can't seem to get into the Vietnamese where there was help for the wings... and there's a glitch thats preventing me from registering... I've gotten something close but not perfect. You have to open the pleats, , pull out the flap on the end, and space the pleats apart. Collect as many photos or videos of the wings from different angles, and keep at it.
Kafar
Forum Sensei

Post by Kafar »

I've made all of the Phoenixs of Kamiya Satoshi :D

3.5 still needs some work with the wings,
Last edited by Kafar on August 6th, 2008, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
artur biernacki
Forum Sensei

Post by artur biernacki »

This is my fold of Phoenix's by Kamiya's.
Phoenix 3.5
Phoenix 3.0
Artur
My flickr gallery : http://www.flickr.com/photos/12569445@N02/
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

as always artur, nice folds :D
ori-gauthier

Post by ori-gauthier »

I folded phoenix 3.5 too