Mammoth

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Igor

Mammoth

Post by Igor »

Who knows, whether exists instruction to manufacturing of mammoth??? Or folding pattern (with lines-valley, mountain)???
Very difficultly (for me it is almost impossible) to find out a true way of folding on Crease Pattern.

http://www.h5.dion.ne.jp/~origami/e/mommoth.html
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I have edited your message, because the link wasn't working.

that mammoth is Miyajima Noboru's... it was diagrammed in "Origami Tanteidan Magazine 65". btw: if you would have read the words on that page, you would have recognized, that it's from the 65th magazine :)

greetings

Christian
Igor

Post by Igor »

TheRealChris wrote:I have edited your message, because the link wasn't working.
that mammoth is Miyajima Noboru's... it was diagrammed in "Origami Tanteidan Magazine 65". btw: if you would have read the words on that page, you would have recognized, that it's from the 65th magazine :)

greetings

Christian
Give I shall try to explain, for 95 % of models I search in internet as in the country I can have only "The Great Encyclopedia on origami" approximately 10 kinds with the identical instructions.

So that probably I did not see this journal.

If you diagrams send me PLS on: igor@rif1.com.ua

Igor
OrigamiMagiro
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiMagiro »

Please do not ask for or send origami diagrams that have been legally published elsewhere through this forum.

Thanks!
Igor

Post by Igor »

OrigamiMagiro wrote:Please do not ask for or send origami diagrams that have been legally published elsewhere through this forum.

Thanks!

The hint is clear :oops:
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

please try and buy older volume tantadan magizne, u can find it their
sage_82

CP for Mammoth

Post by sage_82 »

I am still trying to learn how to work with Crease Patterns. This particular CP for the Mammoth is giving me problems. It is a simple enough CP that I know how to get the creases. I am struggling though with how to collapse it. Has anyone been successful in collapsing ths CP? Can someone give me some guidance on whch lines are Mountain and which are valley folds?

I have been trying to use ORIPA016 to figure out which lines are mountain/valley and have had no luck so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I enjoy Miyajima's website due to the challenge of learning hs CPs. after this one I need to figure out his cat CP. I am struggling with it's back legs and tail area.
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

OrigamiMagiro wrote:Please do not ask for or send origami diagrams that have been legally published elsewhere through this forum.
What about this: I do not want to by any book by internet cos big post fee. So I am trying CP, which I found on internet. I know, that my friend on other side of the world has the same meaning about it, but he succesfully complete model from CP. And after this made diagram of that model. I simply ask him for his diagram (I do not know, who is it and if he really exist).
I hope my idea is clear. I think, that if you really would like to help to someone, it is possible. In czech we have folk apophthegm "Kdyz se chce, tak to jde."
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

and how about this:
an aliens comes with his spaceship onto earth. it's a really smart and skillful alien that is able to fold a model with his first two arms and reproduce the diagrams with his second two arms. the diagrams will be written in a black alien-ink with new details that could not be recognized by a human person. am I now allowed to copy those alien-reproduced diagrams??

sage_82

Post by sage_82 »

wow. ok. I was NOT asking for any alien diagrams. I only was hoping someone could color lines of the CP red or blue for mountain and valley to help me out in understanding how this collapses.
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

TheRealChris wrote:I have edited your message, because the link wasn't working.

greetings

Christian
It is in Origami Tanteidan Convention #3 as well.
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

You just beat me to it alexander... but theres not a chance in hell of him getting one of those, I mean it has the squirrel in making it priceless (and yoda), probably the best one ever made!
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

I would also say that the CP is VERY incomplete for this one, as I recall it starts by creating a modified bird base from a blintz type base...

1. Colour side up valley fold in half both horizontally and vertically.
2. Valley fold the diagonals.
3. Fold the top left and right hand corners into the centre
4. Turn over
5. Fold and unfold the bottom left and right corners into the centre.
6. Bring the middle left and right corners to the bottom centre making a wide triangle with a white square on top.
7. Petal fold the white square up
8. fold the tip of the coloured triangle down as far as it will go
9. Squash fold the right hand side of the coloured triangle into the centre then petal fold up.
10. fold the tip of the petal fold down and fold the top flap over to the right.
11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 on the left to create the modified bird base.

12. Unfold everything and vally fold in half with the coloured side up.

Thats all your main creases made but its a 100+ step model so it may take a while to figure out.

Hope its of some help, Im useless at CPs too.