Satoshi Kamiya - Ryu Zin (CP Study by zebu)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
dragon man

Post by dragon man »

godzebu you've been quiet recently hows it going :D
godzebu

Post by godzebu »

I have lost my mind.....that's what has been going on. :shock:

Well in all honestly though, I got hit with some missions lately and haven't had a change to work on Ryu-Zin. (What kind of man would I be if I spend all my spare time looking at CPs If I don't even have time to see my family).

However, don't worry I am not giving up. Even if this take so long that Ryu Zin diagram get published before I finished.

Oh and finally, I have been thinking (or been losing my mind) that someone should come up with origami themed Japanese Manga (Like Dragon Ball Z series!!!)

NOW YOU KNOW I REALLY LOST MY MIND!! lol

any thoughts?

zebu
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Yep, you've lost your mind.

Manga is wierd. I don't want it wierding out the art I know and love. No offense, haha.

Anyway, it's good to hear you haven't given up.
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Well, it isn't exactly a manga, and it isn't exactly origami, but I watched an anime where the main character(s) have special powers in regards to paper. They are called "paper-users" and can control paper with their minds. For example, they can use a bunch of sheets of copy paper to make a shield around them, string pieces of paper together to tie things down, cut things with index cards, and even block bullets. It started with an OVA called "Read or Die" and continued with a 1-season series called "Read or Die TV". It is a good series-I think it's definitely worth checking out.
godzebu

Post by godzebu »

JeossMayhem and Johnnycake,

Seem like this can get out of hand (meaning this posting may not be able Ryu Zin anymore if we keep talking about other things)

So I will start a post titled "Origami Fiction Stories" in the general discussion section.

zebu
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

godzebu wrote:I have lost my mind.....that's what has been going on. :shock:

Well in all honestly though, I got hit with some missions lately and haven't had a change to work on Ryu-Zin. (What kind of man would I be if I spend all my spare time looking at CPs If I don't even have time to see my family).

However, don't worry I am not giving up. Even if this take so long that Ryu Zin diagram get published before I finished.

Oh and finally, I have been thinking (or been losing my mind) that someone should come up with origami themed Japanese Manga (Like Dragon Ball Z series!!!)

NOW YOU KNOW I REALLY LOST MY MIND!! lol

any thoughts?

zebu
It seems that Ryuzin is effecting your ability to speak proper English. Image
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

There is a Manga and Anime titled "Origami Fighters" (Korean, not Japanese I believe). I've been trying to get ahold of the Manga, without much luck. Its more of a kid's comic/show though.

I think "The Young Magician" has a character that does origami. Its a "mature" rated manga, graphic violence, nudity, etc. The second volume cover features a young man with 4 origami around him, a T-rex and traditional crane, turtle, and dragonfly. They have some symbols written on them. The dragonfly's wings and one of the crane's wings are becoming like the actual animal, and the T-rex is breathing fire.

I liked the OAV for "Read or Die", not so much the series. At one point the main character creates a giant airplane and flys it off a building. At the ending she also folds a butterfly that flies away.

In short though, I like manga/anime =p.
origamigod

Post by origamigod »

so how did your friend got the CP?
minhphuong

Is it here?!

Post by minhphuong »

BUZZ
Last edited by minhphuong on June 9th, 2008, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
godzebu

Post by godzebu »

Comment on WHAT?

That I have lost my mind over Ryu Zin 3.5?
That my friend have CP 3.5 but have enough integrity not to release it on internet (yes I also seen it too now)?

Please be specific.. :)

Happy Folding

ZEBU
Finward

Post by Finward »

I think he means that if the circled areas have the right orientation of folding
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

You know, if Kamiya releases the 3.5 CP in Tanteidan, there will be a ton of new subscriptions...
godzebu

Post by godzebu »

minhphuong,
I am sorry if I came across as rude...
I saw your posting using government computer and Picture did not showed so I didnt know what you meant.
Now that I am home and seeing it using my computer, it is clear what you were asking LOL.
I think you are very close, if not, right on it.
I'm assuming that blue is valley fold and red is mountain fold?
It looks good.
Happy Folding

ZEBU
minhphuong

Post by minhphuong »

accuracy, I tried and see what non- problem.
Godzebu, according to the reason ought to ask you" You will make tense final particle?" testing. Thank you all right.
Good morning Godzebu
origami street racer

Post by origami street racer »

zebu if you will look on your flickr account you will see a link on how to correctly make the claws for ryuzin3.5. also the dorsal scales on the sholders are the same as the leg pleats on bahamut 2.1
R.I.P Paul Grey 1972-2010
Slipkont