Satoshi Kamiya - Ryu Zin (CP Study by zebu)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
origami street racer

Post by origami street racer »

hello. it seams like forever since zebu has been on this topic and....

Is anyone going to answer me?

Edited by Moderator
R.I.P Paul Grey 1972-2010
Slipkont
JUANC

Post by JUANC »

origami street racer.... where are those links? can you tel me :D
origami street racer

here http://f.hatena.ne.jp/origami/20080410211154 (claws) and here http://www.flickr.com/photos/12569445@N02/2505539903 (the leg section are the dorsal scales on the shoulder.)
Last edited by origami street racer on June 18th, 2008, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slipkont
-_-

Post by -_- »

Zebu i have question to you casue after reading all thi i'm confiused. What is your goal? I mean I'm not sure but i would bet on making Ryu Zin 3.5 based only on fotos and 2.1 cp? Correct me if I'm wrong :]
artur biernacki
Forum Sensei

Post by artur biernacki »

This is not possible folded version ryuzin 3,5 based on version 2.1...
I did fold this model and I know..
godzebu

Post by godzebu »

Howdy!!

Its been a looooong time I know. I've been over sea (I don't need to go on and say where... but you all probably could guess). I am truly sorry about my posting (of lack there of) lately. I just can't seem to find time to fold anymore.

O.K now,

Back to the topic,
As mentioned in my earlier post..

"..My ultimate goal is to document the processes it took me to fold (if ever)/study Ryu Zin 3.5 in systematic and methodical way..."

My goal is to study Ryu Zin CP (Hence the title "Ryu Zin CP Study by zebu") and document my findings. I wish to fold Ryu Zin 3.5 eventually, however, that is NOT my ultimate goal (hence the phrase "If ever" I used) I know it may sound strange to some of you, but I will be fine if I never get to "learn" how to fold Ryu Zin 3.5 or version there after. I am just enjoying the process of learning how He (Satoshi Kamiya) came up with the design.

I strongly recommend same to some of the "Ryu Zin seekers" out there.

Just sit back, take your time, and try to just ENJOY origami without becoming its "slave" (It is amazing what you learn from short trip to the "other side".... especially in Military).

Don't get me wrong though, I am still trying to figure it out, but just not in hurry (I do like to fold other stuff too you know :D ). As for me, there are neither DEADLINES nor OBLIGATIONS to post regular updates.

As I said before"...."CREDIBILITY" is everything, I will do my best to establish it, if there are questions, please ask me clearly, I will try my best to explain the process....", I will do what I can to contribute to the community. However, I do not have ANY issue/problem with ignoring any inappropriate requests with smile on my face (Really though, think before any of you try to provoke me "How do you get-under-the-skin of a person who is not bothered by being a part of/seen the War?”…probably not with anything that regards to Origami).

O.K now my indirect attempt to make stands to those who been P.M -ing me nonstop is out of the way, I will answer some questions.

1. I come to find out that there is Ryu Zin CP 3.5 out there. Yes I have it also, and NO I will NOT send it to you. It was given to me by someone with lots of faith in me not to pass on so I will Honor that.

2. Artur is right; you can not fold Ryu Zin 3.5 from 2.1 CP. As I speculated before getting the CP for 3.5, 2.1 and 3.5 are based on different basic divisions. Obviously 3.5 have more (96 for basic division with 192 ish for the sacles).

3. You could..(For me anyways) complete the CP of Ryu Zin 3.5 head with 10 base units. The “narrow rectangle” running along the edges of the paper (the area that was once speculated by me as “grafted for teeth” in my previous postings) ends up being whiskers and part of the horns. These parts will run vertically on the top side of the head so keep track with its positions, then you should have no issues with getting the “general idea” for clasping the Ryu Zin 3.5 head CP. (Obviously the tips of these narrow rectangles will have to move to horizontal direction with some curves when shaping the model).

I hope this replay clear some questions

Happy folding everyone :D

Zebu
Last edited by godzebu on June 19th, 2008, 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Froy

Post by Froy »

".... Yes I have it also, and NO I will NOT send it to you. It was given to me by someone with lots of faith in me not to pass on so I will Honor that...."

Then, you mean that there is a complete CP of the 3.5 drawn by Satoshi? or you have one drawn by some one else?
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Satoshi showed the full CP to Ryu-zin 3.5 at a Toronto meeting earlier this year I believe.
artur biernacki
Forum Sensei

origamimasterjared wrote:Satoshi showed the full CP to Ryu-zin 3.5 at a Toronto meeting earlier this year I believe.
...and I drew from this picture clear cp in Corel draw...
Artur
origami street racer

Since Satoshi showed it in public is it okay to post it here on the forum?
Slipkont
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Kamiya-san would have put the cp on his website if he wanted everyone to see it, so no, I dont think it is ok to post it all over this forum.
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

And aren't the conferences/meetings usually a little more formal and private? That's the impression I get anyway. So yea, I'd assume the CP was meant for the eyes of those attending, not anyone else... yet. Just give it some time.
Yannick GARDIN

Post by Yannick GARDIN »

I'm curious : Artur, how long did it take to you to draw it clear ?
I think it must be very time-consuming, no ?
artur biernacki
Forum Sensei

I drew crease pattern Ryu zin 3.5 almost one day..
Artur
origami street racer

eventualy Kamiya will go insane with having the cp just gather dust and will post it on his web site and I have came close to make Ryuzin 3.5 :wink: but the paper tore wil I was shaping the scales :cry:
Slipkont