Satoshi Kamiya - Phoenix 3.5 (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
!tyza!!

Post by !tyza!! »

there was once a link posted on one of the forums showing where to get instructions for phoenix 3.0, but it was removed. This link is legal and the diagrams were not copywrited as it was a personal interpretation of satoshi kamiya's crease pattern not daigrammed by him.
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

Your definition of "legal" is suspect. Certainly your sense of ethics is questionable. So far, I don't know of anyone that has Kamiya's permission to distribute his crease patterns or to make a "personal interpretation" of his work. Unless you can show permission from Kamiya-san to do these things, don't post them here.
Yes, I am that Joseph Wu. Not that it really matters. And please call me Joseph or Joe. "Mr. Wu" is my dad. :)
!tyza!!

Post by !tyza!! »

thanks Joseph.
BTW you origami models will always remain magnificent
speaking of origami. .
My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35391396@N04/
!tyza!!

Post by !tyza!! »

but if that is the case, then how can klnothincomin post that interpretation of a crease pattern by kevin luo that is not said to exist on kamiya-san's website?
the legal system is silly
speaking of origami. .
My Flickr
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

Because, unlike you, he doesn't listen. I did tell him to ask permission from Kamiya...and he didn't. I suppose I should kill this thread, huh? ;)
Yes, I am that Joseph Wu. Not that it really matters. And please call me Joseph or Joe. "Mr. Wu" is my dad. :)
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

I don't really know what to think... The CP was uploaded on his site, thought it wasn't displayed. I think it was dug out, unexpectedly, but I'm not sure. So whoever nabbed it didn't exaclty have his permission thought it was "displayed" to a certain extent. Displayed on the internet, which is a lot different from being displayed privately.

And then since the CP is now in everybody's hands, it's hard to justify why we shouldn't make a walkthrough for it like many of the other works on the forum (which has problems on it's own since many people get the displayed CPs that others probably had to pay for)...

It would be nice is help such as CP solutions could be given privately, but we'd have to have absolute trust in the person requiring help to also keep it private from others. There are methods that are better than the ones we employ now but not by much.

Darwinit, the rambling stops now. But my point is that because he put the CP on the net, it's at least partially his fault it's being duped...
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

Since he's on the Net, it should be easy enough to email him and ask his permission, no?
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

!tyza!! wrote:there was once a link posted on one of the forums showing where to get instructions for phoenix 3.0, but it was removed. This link is legal and the diagrams were not copywrited as it was a personal interpretation of satoshi kamiya's crease pattern not daigrammed by him.
Yes, I remember that link. I was browsing the forums the moment it was posted. I quickly downloaded it into my computer and printed the diagrams out, right before the link is removed. Should I burn them and erase my memory or something?
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
!tyza!!

Post by !tyza!! »

. duh! do not in any way endorce selling or distribution of the diagram
speaking of origami. .
My Flickr
Terranova

Post by Terranova »

Going to temporarily ignore the legal jargon for the sake of my brain cell.

For some reason, when I try to crease the tenth step, the resulting increment between the 1/3 crease made in step 1 and step 10 is half of what it should be. What am I doing wrong?

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/ ... tled-1.jpg

Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:

P.S. Sorry for the huge image size >.<

Moderator note: changed image to link because of big size
Don't make me get metaphorical with you.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

According to this diagram, you should be folding the bottom (36/36) to 13/36. This will NOT be on an exact 36th (24.5/36). So, Terranova, you are correct.

If you fold it up to the line below that (14/36), you will get a crease on 25/36, which is what you want.
Terranova

Post by Terranova »

Yay, I'm not going insane. Thanks for the proof and the tip :D
Don't make me get metaphorical with you.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

ya, i got stuck on it for a while, but i got though it thinking there was mistake in the diagram
chocochip

Post by chocochip »

thanks to the cp solution kevin made i made the phoenix
takwing

Post by takwing »

I have revised the CP (by drawing it again).

It is now available for download (in jpeg and adobe illustrator format)
from my site:

http://www.takwing.idv.hk/origami/index.html

(The site is displaying in both English and Chinese.... I am too lazy to provide 2 separate version of my site.)

Enjoy!