Satoshi Kamiya - Phoenix 3.5 (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
origami94

Post by origami94 »

Angrydemon, I'm not making my final project, so right know, I'm not going to waste my time on folding several 70x70 paper. I've also got some pretty good fingers and all the printed cps I've collapsed so far are working. So thanks anyways, but I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing if I'm willing to print the cp and fold it.

okay, so obviously I did word things right, cuz I'm really only getting info about what I already know. I've read all the "topics" about this phoenix and I know that every line of the cp needs to be folded. And another thing, why is it that you guys have so many topics about this phoenix, yet you guys don't have clear instructions to help someone with the base. So know I think I've got my words right and I'm going to ask my question.

Could someone take the cp and make the lines blue that need to be mountain folded for the base, and make the lines red for the valley folds to make the base, and then could someone post pictures of the complete BASE front and back? Thanks! :D :D :D
I'm pretty sure there is more to life than folding origami, and I plan on finding out what that is if I grow up.
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Why do you talk about "you guys" is if there is a panel of people sitting behingd their computers just waiting to help someone else to fold something. That is not entirely what this forum is about. It's about sharing origami and whatever goes with it.
And now you're part of the forum, so it's not "us" vs "you"...
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

I TRIED printing it out and folding it before. It's not even possible to collapse the head unless you have tweezers for fingers. The most you can get is the base, without any of the final shaping.

And you better start changing your attitude. You're talking to us like we owe you. Guess what? We don't even know who you are, and you're already making a very bad impression. If you keep behaving like this it won't be long before you get banned from the forum.
okay, so obviously I did word things right, cuz I'm really only getting info about what I already know. I've read all the "topics" about this phoenix and I know that every line of the cp needs to be folded. And another thing, why is it that you guys have so many topics about this phoenix, yet you guys don't have clear instructions to help someone with the base. So know I think I've got my words right and I'm going to ask my question.
Oh, we're so sorry that none of us can predict the future and prepare help in anticipation for your arrival. We promise it'll never happen again, YOUR MAJESTY.

A lot of respectable origamists have given you great advice, and you just ignore them and keep pestering people to make photodiagrams for you. Is that supposed to make everything better? How are you going to shape the model when you're done? Are you just going to ask people to make photodiagrams for those too?? The phoenix is NOT easy. If you can't fold it, go fold some easier cps first. How can you fold origami if you have so little patience?
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
Moonspinner

Post by Moonspinner »

origami94 wrote:Angrydemon, I'm not making my final project, so right know, I'm not going to waste my time on folding several 70x70 paper. I've also got some pretty good fingers and all the printed cps I've collapsed so far are working. So thanks anyways, but I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing if I'm willing to print the cp and fold it.

You're not understanding angrydemon. You simply CAN'T i.e IMPOSSIBLE fold the pheonix from just printing out the CP. You need AT LEAST 70 by 70 cm paper. Anything BELOW that standard won't work. It isn't a matter of whether all your other models came out well, every model is different, and most likely easier.

There are clear instructions right here: viewtopic.php?t=3919

If you can't understand them, you really need more practice, this is really complex. It isn't an insult, I couldn't fold it, but truly, you need to fully understand CPs to fold this.
ori_dragon3
Location: A para-dimensional warp in space-time. Otherwise known as the Homsar Reservation.

Post by ori_dragon3 »

I folded mine from 50 x 50 paper and it worked fine.

People, can we please stop argueing? it doesn't help anyone do anything and it just makes people want to kill each other.
WAaAaAi'm A Trendy Tote Bag!- Homsar
From for kids
Kafar
Forum Sensei

Post by Kafar »

I hope this will help,
please don't ask me for photodiagrams or diagrams
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Kafar - Thank you. I think that will help smooth some of the discussion along...

In my experience, it is frustrating that my wetware and internal wiring don't enable me take a "simple" CP and fold it into a nice, complex Phoenix. In my case, it is not from a lack of trying or experience... it is from not yet having the right experience that makes everything click (Would someone come hold my hand ? :-) I think that may be origami94's frustration.... that he can do CPs, but not yet the Phoenix.

As far as the Image
wars (I really like that image, have I overused it this year ?) about "us vs. you" I kinda feel left out. You have "ya'll" who can collapse printed CPs vs. "us'ns" who still don't know how to hold'em or how to fold'em ...

Happy New Year everybody.... May we all have World Peace... at least on this Forum....

- Hank Simon
Zoraz

Post by Zoraz »

well, now i know why i cant do the head, my paper is way too small! ive been using 25cm paper to do it. It is good enough for everything else except some of the tiny wing details. i need to try it with some double tissue, 50cm.
origami94

Post by origami94 »

Okay AngryDemon, I'm sorry. I was frustrated because your comment made me feel like me printing out the cp and folding that was the stupidest thing ever done in the history of origami, and I kept on trying to tell you that I wasn't folding the final product, I was just getting a feel for the base. I'm sorry that I did ask clearly and that I was ill tempered with you. Thank you Karfar for the picture it does help a lot now that I have that available. And no AngryDemon, I'm not going to beg you for picture diagrams, but if you want to that might help! :lol: And was it Hank? you where right about that part, I am usually good with other cps and stuff, but this one cp has got me, so I did all I could to find out. BUt all the info didn't click for me like it might have for all you other people, so I was my immature self and kept bugging for answers. Thank you people who helped me with my issue, I'm almost done collapsing my first base of this phoenix, and actually AngryDemon, I don't need tweezers to fold the base for the head. Oh and just a thought, I noticed that you sounded a little angry with your last post, and I've got to say, it fits your name well! :D but no hard feelings to you! Oh, and to finish up, whoever posted that tid-bit about me saying you and guys, No that's not what I thought, I've been with other forums before and I ment you and guys as everyone thyat's reading the forum, but that would be nice to have a panel of people at the ready for me! just kidding :D :D :D THanks!
I'm pretty sure there is more to life than folding origami, and I plan on finding out what that is if I grow up.
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

Hes email look origamihouse sight.

For kamiya his typical respond when ask him for help (cp etc):
"You should try again to do it your own, twice, 3 4 5 time..........try 10 times and try try try. After you try this many time it should be easier, and if you cannot after 10 time we see :D "
insaneorigami
Forum Sensei

phoenix 3.5

Post by insaneorigami »

Thank you so much, Kafar for posting this! this will save me much time and trouble :D. now it won't take me long at all XD

thanks again!
origami94

Post by origami94 »

Guess what! I finished collapsing my first base of the phoenix!!! Now I'm moving up to working on my first attempt of the final! And Yes AngryDemon I did do it with printed paper and I was able to collapse the head with ease! I'm so happy! This cp is actually easier than I thought!
wood-Z002

Post by wood-Z002 »

Origami 94, now that you have collapsed it yourself would you mind posting a picture of the base for those of us still struggling with this model? :D :D :D
origami94

Post by origami94 »

Sorry, I would, but for some reason, my camera isn't working, but when it does, I'll post them!
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Yay! I folded it!

Folded from a large sheet of yellow tissue foil.

View of main body:

My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.