Chef Rat by Nguyen Hung Cuong

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
franz

Re: Chef Rat by Nguyen Hung Cuong

Post by franz »

hi,

I´m here again - with a new laptop at home (not working perfect ...), but:
my fingers are working, I folded a rat up to step 57 so far ;-)

I think that you´ve folded everything correct so far, since you seem to have the same problem with the "locked points". It is as follows:

- you do have to reversefold the tip that seemes to be locked
- if you move the large white flap to the right (as indicated) you will see, that there will be a point that you can reverse fold.
- what irritated me at first: you don´t have to valley-fold the large layer to the right all the way; there will be only a new small edge you create: if you look at the diagram in step 57: the new crease will only be from the right upper corner of the valley-line to the point, where this valley-line meets the first line goint down. and this new edge will nearly create itself automatically by reverse-folding the "locked tip".

I hope this helps - otherwise I´ll post some picture (when possible ;-)
franz
imfoldin

Post by imfoldin »

Thanks, this helps a lot....I think. I am going to work on this model again this weekend if I get the time. I think I can picture what your saying in my mind looking at the diagrams but a real picture might be most helpful. Thanks for your response.

Al
franz

Post by franz »

hi,

I´ve had a new computer for a short time - it was stolen ... so a picture is complicated. maybe you can pm me your private email and I can send you pictures (without all the "troubles" with flickr or so ...) :)

but I´m folding the rat at the moment, too, since my daughter needs one as a present.

in 57 you can perform a reverse-fold; note, that there will be also a second valley-fold under the valley-fold I´ve described before.

the model is not lying flat any more (since 43) - and it will not lie flat for a long time ;-)

maybe 63 will confuse you: valley fold the edge as indicated; the top-corner will move dovnwards - and it will "stand up" vertically to you: that is the curved line in the diagram. in 76 it will be folded down.
franz