Searching for a 'paper Tiger'

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
cybermystic

Searching for a 'paper Tiger'

Post by cybermystic »

Curse me for trying to find an origami diagram that's also a metaphore. Can anyone point me toward a Tiger diagram?
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

There's three well known stripey tigers:

There's the one in Montroll's Origami Inside out. This book is easy to get.

Hideo Komatsu's tiger in the 8th Tanteidan Convention book. No idea if this is still in print, but if so, get it now before it vanishes forever!

And finally a simpler one by Nishikawa in his book (The Works of Seiji Nishikawa). The usual origami supply stores should carry this.

There are lots of other tiger models out there, most of which are of the non-stripey variety.
cybermystic

Post by cybermystic »

Thanks, wolf! I don't have the montrell book, but I've done other diagrams of his, and they *usually* work out for me.

As for the 8th Tanteidan Convention book, I've only heard of this mythical unicorn. Is there a place where I can obtain this, preferably without possible bodily harm?

Origami supply stores? I'm in the midwest, the buckle of the Bible belt. I'm lucky if I can find a place that carries paper, much less origami books. People don't do culture here, that's for them thar city folk.
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

cybermystic wrote:Origami supply stores? I'm in the midwest, the buckle of the Bible belt. I'm lucky if I can find a place that carries paper, much less origami books. People don't do culture here, that's for them thar city folk.
Sounds familiar. :P But at least you're still in the US, which makes online and mail ordering slightly easier. The most recent Tanteidan convention books can still be ordered online from http://www.sasugabooks.com, for example.
donat

Post by donat »

cybermystic

Post by cybermystic »

Thank you! The pattern looks foldable, and I think it will do nicely for my metaphore purposes. While it is unstriped, that does give me the opportunity to press my pretty patterned paper. (<--- Dig my alliteration!)

As long as this thread is still open, any other 'paper tigers' are still welcome. Does anybody else have a kitty to share?
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

A search on the Origami Database gives a whole bunch of results.

As for freely available, there's a CP of Noboru Miyajima's Tiger available on his homepage: http://www.h5.dion.ne.jp/~origami/e/tiger.html
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin