Satoshi Kamiya - Ancient Dragon

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Velandar

Post by Velandar »

i know that quality is rubbish, bot that is only thing i got : /
can you please take a look on mine dragons? they are not perfect bot i think they not so bad

Uploaded with ImageShack.usImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by Velandar on March 2nd, 2011, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trouble
Forum Sensei

Post by Trouble »

Those look good
orislater
Buddha

Re: Satoshi Kamiya - Ancient Dragon

Post by orislater »

i test folded it for the second time with tracing paper 19" and it was still too small to form good details. i want my dragon to be perfect! :twisted: so im going to refold it with tissue foil to shape it better. i was wondering what size of paper i should use because tissue foil can be as big as you want it. i was thinking maybe 60cm?
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
mixmastermarc16

Post by mixmastermarc16 »

so i attempted it with some tissue foil i made that was 35-35, or 40-40, i cant remember which, but point is, it was too small and thus the thickness of the legs cause splits in the paper and it was awful...go big slater...yeah like 60-60 would be fine. my first one was with 50-50 thick craft paper and while it was a bitch to fold, it was big enough for good details. good luck!
FrumiousBandersnatch
Forum Sensei

Post by FrumiousBandersnatch »

I would try for a full meter, Slater. Artur Biernacki did a brown one out of 1m wide paper and the details were quite good.
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

maybe ill try a meter but it would be hard to find enough room to fold it
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
origamistudent101

Post by origamistudent101 »

I need help on step 180-182. It says in the book that you have to sink and crimp the gray part. Can someone post pics on how to do this? By the way it is the ancient dragon
Elrik013

Post by Elrik013 »

Aloha everyone! I'm new to this forum. I need of a lot help from anyone out there completing this endeavor. I have been at this for about two weeks now. I was able to get through some of the most difficult steps, so far, with great frustration. I gone through tantrums where I wanted to rip or burn the paper! :D) I look forward to finishing this model, with help from you guys here. I am so jealous of all those people who have completed it. Can anyone please help me with steps 135-138? Any advice getting through these steps would be much appreciated.
Sroge4

Post by Sroge4 »

I got some 24" tracing paper, and I was wondering how large the dragon would be compared to the sheet of paper. Does anyone know?
Washi

Post by Washi »

Sroge4 wrote:I got some 24" tracing paper, and I was wondering how large the dragon would be compared to the sheet of paper. Does anyone know?
It'll be around half the length of the starting sheet, I'd say 24 inches is fine.

Anyway I'm completely stuck at step 176 and 180-182; can someone help me? I'd like to make at least one successful Ancient Dragon for once. :(

EDIT: Ooh, never mind, I got it. :D
Elrik013

Post by Elrik013 »

I was able to figure out steps 135-138. I'm on my second attempt, my first paper got torn. I am completely lost with steps 180-182, and it looks like I'm not the only one. Please somebody post some pics on these steps. Thanks
Elrik013

Post by Elrik013 »

Washi wrote:
Sroge4 wrote:I got some 24" tracing paper, and I was wondering how large the dragon would be compared to the sheet of paper. Does anyone know?
It'll be around half the length of the starting sheet, I'd say 24 inches is fine.

Anyway I'm completely stuck at step 176 and 180-182; can someone help me? I'd like to make at least one successful Ancient Dragon for once. :(

Congrats Washi! Care to share your success with steps 180-182? Pics maybe? Your help would be much appreciated, thanks.
DragonOfRandomness

Post by DragonOfRandomness »

:idea: Just a Question, I'm guessing step 59 is just like the previous steps, folding on the one flap, and pulling the second one up, and folding it again, yes?
Washi

Post by Washi »

Elrik013 wrote:
Washi wrote:

Congrats Washi! Care to share your success with steps 180-182? Pics maybe? Your help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Pics I don't think I can provide because I'm finished with the model and I really don't feel like unfolding it... but yeah I'll tell you an explanation and maybe if you don't get it then I'll show pictures. :)

So... first off, one thing I didn't do was sink the gray part because I didn't know how to do it, but I'd say it doesn't change the final model too much.

Step 176 is important for steps 180-182; at first I was confused with folding the flap down because a lot of the layers were locked. Unwrap them and fold the flap down.

On 180, fold the head and the foreleg folded down on step 176 up, and also sink and squash the grayed part in which I assume the process isn't too different from a regular old spread squash. The model should now be symmetrical.

Step 181, just stretch and unfold the spread squash portion. I don't know if this is right because I didn't do it, but I'm sure someone else can give tips on this one.

And yeah. Hope it's not too confusing... as a 12 year old it's really hard for me to keep things simple and I'm sure some people can relate. :P

I'll try to get pics up if I can even unfold this thing.

DragonOfRandomness wrote::idea: Just a Question, I'm guessing step 59 is just like the previous steps, folding on the one flap, and pulling the second one up, and folding it again, yes?
Correct.
berrykerry789

Post by berrykerry789 »

I have a question regarding step 92. It tells you to put the corner inside, and I'm not entirely sure what it means by that :/