Robert J. Lang - Acrocinus Longimanus

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Try to shape them into roughly cylindrical segments instead of flat wedges. It looks like the legs are pretty flat in yours-if you curl the edges underneath and round them out, they will appear a lot thinner. Also, MC helps here-I generally use MC, not water, when wet-shaping for the extra holding power. It helps a lot for insect legs.
jojo

Post by jojo »

hello,
I don't understand how I can pass step 18 to step 19.
:oops: Sorry for my bad English.
Thanks
Chuunks

Re: Robert J. Lang - Acrocinus Longimanus

Post by Chuunks »

I'm so lost trying to get from step 20 to step 21 -- when I attempt to open out the pocket it doesn't lay flat, if I push the lower edge flat, I have to flay out the inner pockets so they don't overlap.

Is there a secret special fold I'm missing maybe? I thought I might have messed up an earlier step but I refolded to this exact position again. Brick wall.
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

It won't lay flat in step 21 okay? it will still be like a pocket, Dr.Lang says to "Squash-fold the flap", he doesn't actually mean "Squash-fold", you need to make a spread sink. (To see how to do a spread sink, go to pg- 12)
Hope it helped. :)
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
Mortan

Post by Mortan »

Hi, does anyone know about video tutorial for Acronicus? or is there anyone who can help me with step 35?
Ironmanlife

Post by Ironmanlife »

I am so confused by steps 41 and 42. I don’t know what hidden corners to pull out. Does anybody have any photos, videos or help? It’s killing me. Things are going so well with it up until now.